Top 100 Courses feedback

Dodger

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Just shows how opinions differ Dodger - I thought the last hole was not great and they must get countless cars hit there over the course of a year... but then I did spray one right which actually hit the building and ricocheted back in bounds leaving all the cars completely unscathed. Remember that hole with water too, doglegging round to the right, as I recall...

A hole a bit like our last which also splits opinion but I also think is a cracker as you can make anything from 1 to 8 on it!!

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Just wondering Dodger which holes you feel are poor/weak at St. Nicholas? Personally I think both Bogside and St.Nicholas are great courses.

Don't take to much of what the Rodger says, I mean he thinks Goswick is a top quality course:rofl:

Last edited:

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Just shows how opinions differ Dodger - I thought the last hole was not great and they must get countless cars hit there over the course of a year... but then I did spray one right which actually hit the building and ricocheted back in bounds leaving all the cars completely unscathed. Remember that hole with water too, doglegging round to the right, as I recall...

Yeh but after looking at your top 100 I would take everything you say with a pinch of salt.......

T

thecraw

Thank you for your few kind words...

Might well be your best option then given how wildly inaccurate our list is...

Oh, lighten up Jezz, we all just have opinions and air them. On a positive note I though the magazine this month was fabulous, all these reviews of top courses, your trip to Ireland, you, Mike and Rob all writing about fantastic courses. Top notch. I'd read about golf courses in our country every month and not get bored.

PS, I loved James opinion on the Dunes in the supplementary magazine! ;)

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Thank you for your few kind words...

Might well be your best option then given how wildly inaccurate our list is...

Yep I find it rather shocking and would question how many course you played while making your selection, out of your selections how many courses did you or you selection panel play. Was the list pre selected for you and did you just have to tick boxes because I can't but feel you have missed a load of course's that would feature in the real top 100.

And by reading some of the posts on this thread I don't think I am alone.....

Farneyman

Tour Winner
Visit site
Be 15 years since I played but I remember holes 6 and 7 not being great holes and a run of holes from about 9 to 14?? maybe being a tad bland not getting me excited,recall ones nearer the clubhouse being best ones and an odd out of place water pool somewhere on the course?

Nice track all the same though with a great closing hole.
I think it's time you re played it. More than welcome for a game anytime. The 18th used to scare the bejayasus out of me but after hitting the car park and club house a few times you tend to stop worrying anymore lol

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
Yep I find it rather shocking and would question how many course you played while making your selection, out of your selections how many courses did you or you selection panel play. Was the list pre selected for you and did you just have to tick boxes because I can't but feel you have missed a load of course's that would feature in the real top 100.

And by reading some of the posts on this thread I don't think I am alone.....

Perhaps you could tell me what the real Top 100 is so I can assess your list objectively...

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Perhaps you could tell me what the real Top 100 is so I can assess your list objectively...

I am sure it would be a true reflection on what courses I have played and what courses I have read about being listed over the last ten years or so rather than just a list someone handed me and said they are paying for a review so go play them and give me your thoughts.

Can you honestly say that you played every course in the country that would Merritt a place in the top 100, nope I thought not so why can you make such a list.

I just hope next year you can really report on the real top 100 and hope that GM give you the scope to submit a real list rather than recommendations.

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
For someone who likes to blow his own trumpet at every opportunity lets see what your Top 100 and then we'll rip it to bits, how about it noisy boy.

JezzE

GM Staff
Visit site
I am sure it would be a true reflection on what courses I have played and what courses I have read about being listed over the last ten years or so rather than just a list someone handed me and said they are paying for a review so go play them and give me your thoughts.

Can you honestly say that you played every course in the country that would Merritt a place in the top 100, nope I thought not so why can you make such a list.

I just hope next year you can really report on the real top 100 and hope that GM give you the scope to submit a real list rather than recommendations.

You're so far wide of the mark on how the process works here that I'm not quite sure what to say in response to this. If you seriously think that the list is effectively a reflection of who paid how much, or how much it reflects ad spend...

This has been a real shame for me to read your thoughts because there I was having a nice bit of to and fro with forumers about one or two courses where we disagree about their positions, and now I just wish I'd spent a little more time playing with the kids this evening instead of coming on here...

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
You're so far wide of the mark on how the process works here that I'm not quite sure what to say in response to this. If you seriously think that the list is effectively a reflection of who paid how much, or how much it reflects ad spend...

This has been a real shame for me to read your thoughts because there I was having a nice bit of to and fro with forumers about one or two courses where we disagree about their positions, and now I just wish I'd spent a little more time playing with the kids this evening instead of coming on here...

Okay so I think it went like this " here is a list of 100 random course's now go out and give me your take on them and we will publish them in the mag" remember you have decided on the list and most on here from what I can see have not agreed with your selection but if it has been a closed list of 100 then you may have been put out and not really able to complete your job to the best of your ability but then again I would question how this list was compiled in the first place.

Bomber69

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
For someone who likes to blow his own trumpet at every opportunity lets see what your Top 100 and then we'll rip it to bits, how about it noisy boy.

You talking to me, your course would be on my top list of Scottish courses but in the middle of the table.

Looking forward to a winter league team match up there this year..

stevek1969

Money List Winner
Visit site
You talking to me, your course would be on my top list of Scottish courses but in the middle of the table.

Looking forward to a winter league team match up there this year..

I sure am, lets see what your Top 100 would be as Jezz said its a fair question surely. I'm sure you will enjoy it as it will be full course and no mats