Titleist Pro V1x durability

Springveldt

Visit site
Left dash??? Are you a high swing speed golfer? One of my mates is and swears by them.
I tried them, not for me, just like the v1x.
Not really, driver is probably around 103mph just now I’d guess.

I’ve always been a bit flippy with irons, usually have quite high dynamic loft at impact so a bit spinny and thought I’d give them a go due to them being a bit lower spin.

I’m actually quite liking them, don’t notice much difference between them and a ProV1 except they feel a bit firmer off the putter.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Been using AVX since I had a Titleist ball fitting a few weeks back but I am not impressed with their durability. The one I played yesterday seemed to dis-colour very quickly and scratched after one bunker shot

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Been using AVX since I had a Titleist ball fitting a few weeks back but I am not impressed with their durability. The one I played yesterday seemed to dis-colour very quickly and scratched after one bunker shot
Hmm... The older ones are not like that.
This year Titleist dropped them by £10 and clearly changed the formula for the cover.

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The AVX uses a different cover construction to the ProV1 and the older AVX

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
sometimes if you hit a couple of really good shots and get full groove contact it can take chunks out o the ball esp bunker shots. its been a while for me but last time i played in really firm conditions at Nairn last year i had a couple of rounds where i had to change balls mid round

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
sometimes if you hit a couple of really good shots and get full groove contact it can take chunks out o the ball esp bunker shots. its been a while for me but last time i played in really firm conditions at Nairn last year i had a couple of rounds where i had to change balls mid round
Ah so I am a quality striker!?! 😎😎🤭