Titleist Pro V1x durability

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I can’t get more than 18 holes out of these balls without them looking dreadful and scraped up. Well actually it was looking rubbish after 12.
Bit disappointing

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
I can’t get more than 18 holes out of these balls without them looking dreadful and scraped up. Well actually it was looking rubbish after 12.
Bit disappointing
That's why thrifty players play Surlyn covers instead or urethane.
If you think urethane is bad,
you don't remember natural balata on the old WOUND premium golf balls.

Years ago, I played in a pitch-and putt course league. The little course was near where we worked.
We'd all have wedges, the grooves of which were sharpened, gouged, actually, far beyond anything conforming.
To offset spinning the balls completely back off the little greens, we'd play rock hard Spalding Top Flite balls which the non-conforming wedges had no problem spinning.
Even those Surlyn covers got torn to shreds.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's why thrifty players play Surlyn covers instead or urethane.
If you think urethane is bad,
you don't remember natural balata on the old WOUND premium golf balls.

Years ago, I played in a pitch-and putt course league. The little course was near where we worked.
We'd all have wedges, the grooves of which were sharpened, gouged, actually, far beyond anything conforming.
To offset spinning the balls completely back off the little greens, we'd play rock hard Spalding Top Flite balls which the non-conforming wedges had no problem spinning.
Even those Surlyn covers got torn to shreds.
Used to use titleist balata 100 compression because of the excessive spin on the 90s.

harpo_72

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Have you used a grove sharpener on your irons / wedges ?
Lad at ours did and it really messed the balls up very quickly.
No sharpener, the wedges are sm6 so old, the irons are Ping i15 ..
I wonder if the bunker sand is a bit to blame as well.

Ye Olde Boomer

Visit site
Used to use titleist balata 100 compression because of the excessive spin on the 90s.
I started playing Titleist balls when they STOPPED making wound balls.
I would have loved to have seen what the old British size 1.62" ball would have done in the solid ball era.

The R&A should never have accepted USGA's input on their rules.
That was the CORRECT ball for links play.

Springveldt

Visit site
Been using the left dash this year and haven’t noticed an issue. I’ve played multiple rounds with the same ball (last one lasted 54 holes) and they still look fine by the time I lose them.

KenL

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Been using the left dash this year and haven’t noticed an issue. I’ve played multiple rounds with the same ball (last one lasted 54 holes) and they still look fine by the time I lose them.
Left dash??? Are you a high swing speed golfer? One of my mates is and swears by them.
I tried them, not for me, just like the v1x.