Tiger - Plenty of work to do

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
Which most probably means that his temperature was half a degree over what it should have been.
I'd love a mild fever.
Much preferable to a freezing pair of walnuts.

101 apparently. Completely unverifiable of course.

And as LpP posted, he did seem to be walking oddly at times.

Soft hands

Assistant Pro
Visit site
That I'm not sure about. So many good players these days and McIlroy in particular has moved on. He'll be in the mix a few times but whether he can pull of that wonder shot or get the bit of luck required is to be seen. He certainly won't dominate like he did

No he won't dominate like he did. No one playing currently will including Rory im not sure I'll see that level of dominance again in my lifetime.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Based on how good a golfer he is. He won't dominate like he did again but if anything this weekend has been encouraging,yes short game has been off but I'm pretty sure it's something he will sharpen up.

Why will he not win one?

I just think there other golfers that are now better than he is and now know how to win majors that he's got to overcome every time before you equate the guys having a career week (Clarke at the Open). Just my opinion and to be honest I'd like to see him in the mix and competing as he's still great to watch on form and arguably even more interesting to watch when he's off and having to grind a score from very exotic places

Soft hands

Assistant Pro
Visit site
I just think there other golfers that are now better than he is and now know how to win majors that he's got to overcome every time before you equate the guys having a career week (Clarke at the Open). Just my opinion and to be honest I'd like to see him in the mix and competing as he's still great to watch on form and arguably even more interesting to watch when he's off and having to grind a score from very exotic places

Last year he was awful needed to make some changes and allow the body to heal.

If he gets back to 2013 form Id back him to win at least one more. A lot of the players Id pick over him haven't won a major either it's an obstacle they would need to overcome also.

D

Deleted member 15344

Based on how good a golfer he is. He won't dominate like he did again but if anything this weekend has been encouraging,yes short game has been off but I'm pretty sure it's something he will sharpen up.

Why will he not win one?

Because as seen over the last 6 years his game can't produce 4 great rounds over the toughest set up under the toughest scrutiny

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Last year he was awful needed to make some changes and allow the body to heal.

If he gets back to 2013 form Id back him to win at least one more. A lot of the players Id pick over him haven't won a major either it's an obstacle they would need to overcome also.

When was the last time he really competed in a major? When was the last time he really contended in more than one. Look at the likes of Rose, McIlroy and Scott who are always up there. The likes of Fowler will only continue to improve too and with players like Stenson getting better and better and use to playing at the very top there are more and more players in his way

FairwayDodger

Money List Winner
Visit site
In my opinion, and that's all it is, I think that if Tiger gets properly fit it's more likely he'll win at least one more major than he'll never win another one. He'll never dominate again and I don't see him catching Jack but I'd be genuinely surprised if he never wins another, unless his injury problems continue.

Soft hands

Assistant Pro
Visit site
When was the last time he really competed in a major? When was the last time he really contended in more than one. Look at the likes of Rose, McIlroy and Scott who are always up there. The likes of Fowler will only continue to improve too and with players like Stenson getting better and better and use to playing at the very top there are more and more players in his way

McIlroy will win more no doubt. Scott is coming of a poor season and has not longing left before he has to go back to regular putter how big a difference will that make?

I'd be more worried about Fowlers lack of tournament wins,yes he was challenging but the fact he doesn't win often worries me.

I think the next crop of major winners will come from the likes of Speith,Stenson,Reed but I definitely think a fit Tiger will put a good enough weekend together to win one more at least.

All just my opinion of course.

CMAC

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site

you've been following his 'problems' the last few years right?

He's starting again with an older and pieced together body, and a mind set that probably now has some doubt where before there was none. I agree he wont dominate but he will still be a major force in Golf for years to come, that I am totally convinced about.

D

Deleted member 15344

A major force ? At his age with all his injuries he has had and the way a great number of others are playing these days ( out driving him , better short games , stronger mentally ) what suggests he being a "major" force ?

Is it more in hope than expectation ? Is it because of who he was before 2008 ?

Soft hands

Assistant Pro
Visit site
A major force ? At his age with all his injuries he has had and the way a great number of others are playing these days ( out driving him , better short games , stronger mentally ) what suggests he being a "major" force ?

Is it more in hope than expectation ? Is it because of who he was before 2008 ?

So lets take his last healthy season 2013 how many better players were there?

By major player in guessing he means winning/challenging for tournaments. He stated he wouldn't dominate again.

D

Deleted member 15344

By major player in guessing he means winning/challenging for tournaments. He stated he wouldn't dominate again.

Even in 2013 he didn't challenge for a major

He will win PGA titles but that's not being a major force - major force is a player like McIlroy or Rose or Kaymer or Stenson right now

Soft hands

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Even in 2013 he didn't challenge for a major

He will win PGA titles but that's not being a major force - major force is a player like McIlroy or Rose or Kaymer or Stenson right now

With the exception of McIroy what is the difference between the other 3 and 2013 Tiger? Kaymer had a good year and won a major I wouldn't say he's a guarantee to keep winning them.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

When was the last year he challenged for a major? He hasn't for ages and with swing changes, injury and the quality of world golf it's getting harder to do so which is why I simply don't think he'll win another. He'll win on tour but is that being a major force? Many players win over the course of a season. If he was to come out and win the FedEx and be the most consistent player over the year then maybe but I don't even think that'll happen