Tiger injured in car crash..

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Ooh, maybe a tad harsh there.
I'm not his biggest fan but I wouldn't say it's his fault just because he doesn't employ a driver.
Maybe it is, but he's worth more than enough so he could have a permanent driver to enable him to concentrate on other things (whatever they may be) and let the driver concentrate on driving and nothing else.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Just think how much different his life would be now if he'd employed a driver since, say, 2015.

Even if he had paid the driver $100,000/year plus expenses, say, another $100,000 /year, for a six year total of $1,200,000 with no crashes and no bad crash publicity or broken bones, he;d be much better off.

Because someone employed as a driver can't crash a car?

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Maybe it is, but he's worth more than enough so he could have a permanent driver to enable him to concentrate on other things (whatever they may be) and let the driver concentrate on driving and nothing else.
I heard somewhere he didn’t go with the film crew because of social distancing and that’s why he didn’t want a driver.
But if he employed his own driver that would not be a problem.
Some people ( me included ) are bad passengers and prefer to drive myself.

GuyInLyon

Visit site
Because someone employed as a driver can't crash a car?
No, but it would be the driver that gets blamed for it, not the driver's employer.
Plus, there would be a lower chance of a properly vetted driver doing his/her driving while intoxicated to some way.

D

Deleted Member 1156

It depends what speed you are going at and the road you are on. I had an xc60 for 3 years, a Yeti for 2 years earlier, and never once did either feel unstable.
Must be like driving Miss Daisy for you ?
I had an XC60, lovely car on straights but every corner felt like a lottery.

PhilTheFragger

Provider of Entertainment for the Golfing Gods 🙄
Visit site
Not this time, but I did posit the "what if he'd hired a driver" as starting in 2015.

Yes but that’s purely hypothetical and with the aid of hindsight and who knows if another driver wouldn’t have a bad accident at some point in time

Yes of course he could afford it, but just perhaps he likes driving,
In his working day he is surrounded by his team and associated hangers on

In the car, be can have a modicum of independence/ own space, call it what you will.

It’s happened, can’t make it unhappen, so second guessing and hypothesising doesn’t actually achieve anything

The police have stated no alcohol or drugs involved, so let’s knock that on the head?

JustOne

Ryder Cup Winner
www.justoneuk.com
It’s happened, can’t make it unhappen, so second guessing and hypothesising doesn’t actually achieve anything

The police have stated no alcohol or drugs involved, so let’s knock that on the head?

That's it.... close the forum,... no opinions allowed :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd have a driver if I was a billionaire, probably not for when I was taking the kids for pizza but definitely if I was working and had to lug sets of clubs/gear around all day.
So my driver would also be a 'golf bag loader' and possibly a shoe cleaner too.... (y)

Mandofred

Visit site
The thread started "poor ol' Tiger, hope he is well"............turns into the Daily Mail...:D (that's me.....trying to be funny....really...)

Last edited:

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
That's it.... close the forum,... no opinions allowed :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'd have a driver if I was a billionaire, probably not for when I was taking the kids for pizza but definitely if I was working and had to lug sets of clubs/gear around all day.
So my driver would also be a 'golf bag loader' and possibly a shoe cleaner too.... (y)
I would drive myself if taking the Ferrari or Lamborghini out for a spin .
But as you say going to work from a hotel.
Just get a limo with driver.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
He couldn't drive an S Class, couldn't drive an SUV..........

I have a feeling you have sports cars / muscle cars. Is that right? If that is the case then they will feel top heavy to you. For people who don't push cars hard then most don't feel much different to a large hatchback or saloon. I have a Skoda Superb and I suspect you might think the same about that.

Now I appreciate that cars in the US tend to be set up a little softer than here so perhaps this car was a bit wobbly in comparison. Tiger has spent all of his adult life driving softly sprung US cars though so he really should not be caught out by this. If it was Rory or Matt Fitzpatrick then I would give a little more slack but an American struggling with a typical US set up car is not really an excuse.

The few SUV's/4x4's that it's been my misfortune to have to push hard roll around worse than a Premier League footballers; the only defence they might have is the amount of kit they were carrying. A Skoda Superb in comparison would have felt like a sports car & been an absolute delight.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The few SUV's/4x4's that it's been my misfortune to have to push hard roll around worse than a Premier League footballers; the only defence they might have is the amount of kit they were carrying. A Skoda Superb in comparison would have felt like a sports car & been an absolute delight.
Doesn't matter how much a vehicle may roll, if you can handle it you can work it:)

Mandofred

Visit site
Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right

Here I am

Stuck in the middle with you

What's a Tiger to do?
Kind of wondering why you have been in Suv/4x4's that you have pushed hard..... I've owned a couple of vans (people carriers..), several SUV's....I've never pushed them hard. If I wanted to drive fast...those aren't the vehicles I'd want to be driving.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Clowns to the left of me
Jokers to the right

Here I am

Stuck in the middle with you

What's a Tiger to do?

Kind of wondering why you have been in Suv/4x4's that you have pushed hard..... I've owned a couple of vans (people carriers..), several SUV's....I've never pushed them hard. If I wanted to drive fast...those aren't the vehicles I'd want to be driving.

A post in the Smart Motorways thread should give you a clue.