Tiger, Thomas and the Tampon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
The main story on my Sky Sports feed is currently about Tiger handing Thomas a tampon after outdriving him. Both walked off laughing. I heard a comment from someone saying the act “denigrated women”.

Is this worth the coverage it’s attracting? Are women offended?

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
The main story on my Sky Sports feed is currently about Tiger handing Thomas a tampon after outdriving him. Both walked off laughing. I heard a comment from someone saying the act “denigrated women”.

Is this worth the coverage it’s attracting? Are women offended?

All it makes me think is - he had to buy the tampon, pack it in his suitcase, make the decision what day to bring out the tampon, put tampon in golf bag and then choose which hole it bring it out on..

Serious commitment for a bit of banter.

I now love Tiger more :ROFLMAO:

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Childish and not a great look. Some will have a fit about it. The only people who actually be offended, will be offended on behalf of someone who isn’t actually bothered by it.

What’s more amusing is the LiV bots on Twitter saying how degrading it is to women.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
It’s just banter and well thought out banter at that! The world of keyboard warriors seems hell bent driving toward a vanilla version of itself.

I just think it’s genuinely just a bit of crack on the course. Excluding the fact Thomas dropped it on the course, Woods discretely handed him it and it was an action to zoom in and pick up on it in the press that has the world’s attention. A complete non story from that view. I’d more rather the press have a bit of fun with it if I’m being honest as it should be well below the line of offending people.

MiurasFan

Blackballed
Visit site
I think it’s a bit pathetic
But then Tiger is known to have a basic, childish sense of humour

However m if it were Brooks or Bryson or someone like that, the media would be having a field-day with their performative outrage
I agree with the view(s), but clearly planned. Would have been better for the locker room, if anywhere, but would have lost a bit of the symbolism and effect. Re the bold bit...nice description!

DPapas1982

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
Think the response is, as usual over the top!

He's mocking his friend. I would guess most people say things significantly more offensive to their mates.

The whole notion that it's degrading to women. "most" sportsmen are stronger than their female peers. It's why the sports don't mix.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Why do you think that hitting it like a girl is bad thing? I bet there are loads of girls who hit it it better and further than you, what does this make you?
What’s stopping girls using men to take the Mick out of each other? Can’t say I’d be bothered if they did.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
Think the response is, as usual over the top!

He's mocking his friend. I would guess most people say things significantly more offensive to their mates.

The whole notion that it's degrading to women. "most" sportsmen are stronger than their female peers. It's why the sports don't mix.
There is an argument that they have a responsibility with the platform they are on but I agree with you personally. It was attempted to be discretely done and picked up via a zoomed in freeze frame.

Status
Not open for further replies.