Tiger, Thomas and the Tampon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jigger

Club Champion
Visit site
He’s supposed to be a role model and has a demonstrable history of not treating women with respect.

“Lad” banter is a very bad look for him.
I suspect this is the tip of the iceberg of what happens on tour, including the female tour and it’s a story just because it’s tiger woods.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
All it makes me think is - he had to buy the tampon, pack it in his suitcase, make the decision what day to bring out the tampon, put tampon in golf bag and then choose which hole it bring it out on..

Serious commitment for a bit of banter.

I now love Tiger more :ROFLMAO:
Bit in bold was my thoughts as well. I can't believe he's gone to that much effort for what is actually a bit of a weak joke. Boys will be boys I guess. Even 47 year old boys.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Bit in bold was my thoughts as well. I can't believe he's gone to that much effort for what is actually a bit of a weak joke. Boys will be boys I guess. Even 47 year old boys.

I mean it may have just been in his hotel room toiletries - who knows! But its a funny thought that he probably chuckled to himself when he came up with the idea.

D-S

Visit site
Tiger probably assumed that the coverage on TV of any of his play would be so fleeting that there was no way this would ever be spotted on camera.

D

Deleted member 18121

It's this kind of uproar that made me give up 99% of social media apps. Everyone is offended by everything these days and is happy to share their views on it.

AHH 2023, you do make me smile.

Swango1980

Visit site
I tell you what offends me.....the people who take offence to this incident.

I wonder how many people who are critical of this harmless bit of banter between two people, are the same who would joke "get your skirt on" when their mate fails to drive it past the red tees, or chuckle when someone says it to them?

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site

I wonder how many people who are critical of this harmless bit of banter between two people, are the same who would joke "get your skirt on" when their mate fails to drive it past the red tees, or chuckle when someone says it to them?
But that is the difference here...
If you'd have done that to your PP on a Sunday morning, halfway down the 3rd hole, it gets lost in the wind - that's banter...
When you do it in, possibly, the most televised 3 ball in the history of history it becomes public.
And it's not a good look for a sport that has historically kept women in the shadows....lots of work is being done to bring women into the game
But if Tiger infers that hitting it like a girl is a bad thing then much of that work could be wasted.

Done by someone else in a different 3 ball - nobody would be any the wiser - Fact. But this is Tiger.
He should know better and I hope his PR team are sitting with their heads in their hands..he's showing that the old attitudes still exist.

RichA

Visit site

I'm not offended by it, so I'm thankful to be safe from your offence, but a person would need to be fairly dumb to lack the mental filter that would recognise it might make some people a little uncomfortable.
Considering it was clearly pre-planned, a protein bar would have been wittier without risking irritating anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.