Tiger injured in car crash..

Mandofred

Visit site
BiM was a traffic cop ?
Fair enough.....I have kind of wondered why so many cops are driving suv's these days.....Just because they are bigger?(honest question). Just to hold more stuff? To match the size of other vehicles on the road (which are getting bigger....it's not just the Americans....).

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Fair enough.....I have kind of wondered why so many cops are driving suv's these days.....Just because they are bigger?(honest question). Just to hold more stuff? To match the size of other vehicles on the road (which are getting bigger....it's not just the Americans....).

4x4's for the towing/dragging capacity. SUV's, ask the bean counters, no idea why. I sometimes wonder that if it is a model that isn't selling well then there is a good fleet discount to be had. It certainly isn't a user choice.

We sometimes got vehicles for assessment with a view to purchase. The two we got that we absolutely raved over as the most suitable things for what we did never made it to the fleet (Volvo 850 T5 & VW Golf VR5 if anyone wondered).

Mandofred

Visit site
We are going to need bigger parking spaces. The little one in the middle is a BMW 3 series

View attachment 35341
It seems every time the Americans develop a new bad habit...a few years later it appears here in the UK.

4x4's for the towing/dragging capacity. SUV's, ask the bean counters, no idea why. .
I switched back from a VW Polo to a Suzuki Vitara (SUV-ish style) for several reasons.
1. At times my back doesn't like me very much....sometimes getting in the Polo I had to either stretch first, or just kind of force myself in dragging my head across the top of the door opening.
2. I wanted to go back to an automatic transmission....easier when dealing with slow traffic. Most small cars don't have decent auto's....although they gotten a lot better in recent years so maybe I should reconsider that one....we are thinking about a second car like an i-10, but now my wife likes the auto and wants to keep it.
3. Wanted something I could just slide the golf clubs sideways in the back without having to keep putting down the back seats (and bending over and reaching out with the golf bag). The Vitara was the smallest/cheapest of this style of car I found.
4. We drive very few miles (6,000? per year)....gas mileage is a non-issue.

Blue in Munich

Visit site
It seems every time the Americans develop a new bad habit...a few years later it appears here in the UK.

I switched back from a VW Polo to a Suzuki Vitara (SUV-ish style) for several reasons.
1. At times my back doesn't like me very much....sometimes getting in the Polo I had to either stretch first, or just kind of force myself in dragging my head across the top of the door opening.
2. I wanted to go back to an automatic transmission....easier when dealing with slow traffic. Most small cars don't have decent auto's....although they gotten a lot better in recent years so maybe I should reconsider that one....we are thinking about a second car like an i-10, but now my wife likes the auto and wants to keep it.
3. Wanted something I could just slide the golf clubs sideways in the back without having to keep putting down the back seats (and bending over and reaching out with the golf bag). The Vitara was the smallest/cheapest of this style of car I found.
4. We drive very few miles (6,000? per year)....gas mileage is a non-issue.

None of which are relevant to the uses we were putting the vehicles to.

Mandofred

Visit site
None of which are relevant to the uses we were putting the vehicles to.
I've no idea....just asking this. The police SUV types that are on the road, are they mostly all wheel drive? 2 wheel drive? Like you were stating, I can understand either 4x4 style as a workhorse vehicle, or regular car style for its zoom-zoom ability. Regular SUV as I have works for me.....I don't go fast....just plain boring in fact.

AliMc

Visit site
Must be like driving Miss Daisy for you ?
I had an XC60, lovely car on straights but every corner felt like a lottery.
Have never felt this in my XC60 and I've been on some pretty spirited (but legal) drives down through the Scottish Borders, maybe the AWD makes a difference ?

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The two we got that we absolutely raved over as the most suitable things for what we did never made it to the fleet (Volvo 850 T5 & VW Golf VR5 if anyone wondered).
Kent Police traffic division used to run T5's and had a couple of VR5's as unmarked cars;)
Now it's BMW 5 series touring and X5's to pick the kids up in;)

D

Deleted Member 1156

Have never felt this in my XC60 and I've been on some pretty spirited (but legal) drives down through the Scottish Borders, maybe the AWD makes a difference ?
Possibly, mine was the front wheel drive model.

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
Seems like there may be more to this than originally thought.

Sheriffs have requested the car telemetry. This is only ever done where they are a touch suspicious about the accident.

Blue in Munich

Visit site

Blue in Munich

Visit site
What's not routine?

Surely obtaining all the evidence available is done as a matter of course?

Announcing not expecting him to face any charges BEFORE you have obtained all the evidence is not routine. "There is no evidence of Mr. Woods being impaired at the time of the accident, however enquiries continue into the circumstances of the accident" would be a routine statement prior to obtaining a warrant, not exonerating him of any charges and then looking at the evidence.

There's an order to routine & this isn't it in my book.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lets not forget there's going to be an expensive car and medical bills to pay for. The insurance companies will be looking for someone to blame for all of this and hope to shift their costs onto that person/ reason.

r0wly86

Head Pro
Visit site
Not where there was no suspicion of wrongdoing

they normally would, it's just a matter of course, because first impressions can be wrong.

Imagine of there was wrong doing but the police didn't look at the evidence because on the face of it they believed nothing wrong had happened