Tiger injured in car crash..

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lets not forget there's going to be an expensive car and medical bills to pay for. The insurance companies will be looking for someone to blame for all of this and hope to shift their costs onto that person/ reason.

If I worked for Genesis i would be looking to prove it was driver error rather than a fault with the car - for legal and reputational reasons.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Lets not forget there's going to be an expensive car and medical bills to pay for. The insurance companies will be looking for someone to blame for all of this and hope to shift their costs onto that person/ reason.
And he might even have Income Protection Insurance (well...maybe not). Whatever the circumstances and outcome I wish him well and a good and full recovery.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The bigger picture is if the car was at fault, Genesis would be looking at a full recall and, also, who would buy one of their cars if it nearly killed the GOAT?

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
The bigger picture is if the car was at fault, Genesis would be looking at a full recall and, also, who would buy one of their cars if it nearly killed the GOAT?

Or, you could argue that it was brilliantly made, as he survived a very nasty crash.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Or, you could argue that it was brilliantly made, as he survived a very nasty crash.
Genuine question. The air bags and cage really did do a brilliant job but the footwell less so if he legs are as mangled as we are led to belive. Is that an issue or is it simply the case that you can't protect everything, its a non solid cage etc. I'm not blaming the car by the way, they weren't driving it.

Slab

Occasional Tour Caddy
Visit site
John Deere might want to think through their courtesy vehicles for July

285580_01_jd11.jpg

Hope Tiger gets back on his feet sooner rather than later (y)

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Genuine question. The air bags and cage really did do a brilliant job but the footwell less so if he legs are as mangled as we are led to belive. Is that an issue or is it simply the case that you can't protect everything, its a non solid cage etc. I'm not blaming the car by the way, they weren't driving it.

Given that the major injuries are to his right leg, it is not too much of a stretch for me to believe that his right leg was braced hard against the brake pedal, and any forces transmitted as a result of the impact/s consequently go straight into the right leg. I'm not seeing it as a design issue, if anything it's a driver issue as I'd be surprised if he lifted off the pedal when he was beyond the point of no return. And that is not intended as a criticism as he would not be the only one in those circumstances; knowing it's the right thing to do & bringing yourself to do it are two very different beasts.

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Ideally you want a non solid cage. It’s what crumple zones and airbags are. You just can’t practically make a whole car out of them.

Think about it, your arms and legs are unrestrained and will still be travelling at e.g. 80 mph into solid object and bones are brittle, they don’t like instantaneous forces.

Hard cages protect occupants from getting crushed but they increase the impulse (force over time) of an impact.

Safety is a compromise. You can survive broken bones as long as you’ve still got the wet and brainy bits to go with them.