The POSITIVE thing about lockdown is...

• Thread starter Deleted member 25172
  • Start date

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I can't think of a single positive to be honest. Maybe I'll save a bit of money from not golfing (sure I'll find other ways to spend it though). I might get back to my drawing that I did in the last full lockdown (I'm genuinely good at drawing but I never do it because it takes me 5 or 6 hours to complete one).

Mainly I can only see it negatively though. No football, golf or badminton makes staying in a shape a difficult slog for me, as well as losing the obvious fun and mental health aspects.

Leftie

Tour Winner
Visit site
Seems to me that although some are putting a brave face on, there is not a lot of real positivism out there.

Earlier this year, I was actively engaged 6 days out of 7 with sporting activities. I had social groups totaling 35/40 people that I interacted with on a weekly/fortnightly basis, plus of course others who I would chat to in the lounge after a game. Since C19, my indoor activities (racket ball, squash, badminton and occasional gym) have ceased. I haven't seen any of my mates from racket ball or badminton for over 6 months. I did though meet up with 5 of my squash group twice on the local village green for a chat. TBH, at my advanced years and the 5kg I've put on this year through lack of proper exercise, I can't really see myself getting back into those sports whenever we "may be allowed" grrrrrrr

Eventually archery was allowed but the draconian restrictions imposed and the way our committee has interpreted them meant that I was lucky to meet up with more than 1 or 2 friends at a time. After my last golf game this coming Wed it will be just me and HID staring at each other wondering who is going to crack first.

Haven't been able to see my daughter and g/kids for weeks nor my brother and son for a year due to having to cancel planned visits.

Heck. We don't even have a cat to kick.

Don't get me wrong, I will get through it like everyone else, but my life has now been changed and not for the better.

Last edited:

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
The only positive I think I’ve seen is it’s finally prompted us to get some work done on the house.
That would be an overwhelming negative for me. "Now you don't have golf or football we'll have plenty of times to paint the lounge." Sod that.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Other than what we hope it will achieve - I guess the only positive I can see coming from it is that it stops imminent redundancy for 100s of thousands. There are enough out of work at the moment seeking work without that being made very much harder. Though in truth I am guessing that hiring is likely to be significantly cut-back or put on hold during the lockdown and so that 'positive' could be lost.

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
That would be an overwhelming negative for me. "Now you don't have golf or football we'll have plenty of times to paint the lounge." Sod that.
In our cases it’s prompted us to get professionals in! We’ve done nothing ourselves really. Had our bathroom completely renovated and we’re getting all new double glazing in next month because whoever had the house before didn’t exactly do a great job!

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
In our cases it’s prompted us to get professionals in! We’ve done nothing ourselves really. Had our bathroom completely renovated and we’re getting all new double glazing in next month because whoever had the house before didn’t exactly do a great job!
Oh right, I wasn't sure if that was allowed. We've been planning for a new bathroom this whole year but we put it on hold when the previous lockdown started.

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
No Travel for work
Kids still at school
Can do as much exercise as I want, when I want (Except swimming)
My town doesn't seem to have gone into meltdown so all shops are stocked OK
DIY list not very long
House is warm
Food in the cupboards
2 stable jobs (touches wood)
Everyone in the family healthy
Only know 1 person to have had COVID and they got released from the hospital last week!
Oh and I fixed the WiFi so all is good!

TBH, I like lockdown.... My wife has been following an online eating/exercise plan and I started following it too, I have lost a stone in weight, most of which is subcutaneous fat. I can see a 6 pack, aged 41. never seen it before in my life! Once this finishes, I will start proper training in full, I have 3 marathons and a half ironman booked for 2021 and I am training for a full ironman in 2022.

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No Travel for work
Kids still at school
Can do as much exercise as I want, when I want (Except swimming)
My town doesn't seem to have gone into meltdown so all shops are stocked OK
DIY list not very long
House is warm
Food in the cupboards
2 stable jobs (touches wood)
Everyone in the family healthy
Only know 1 person to have had COVID and they got released from the hospital last week!
Oh and I fixed the WiFi so all is good!

TBH, I like lockdown.... My wife has been following an online eating/exercise plan and I started following it too, I have lost a stone in weight, most of which is subcutaneous fat. I can see a 6 pack, aged 41. never seen it before in my life! Once this finishes, I will start proper training in full, I have 3 marathons and a half ironman booked for 2021 and I am training for a full ironman in 2022.

Is than Noom?

Rooter

Money List Winner
Visit site
Is than Noom?

No. It has a really stupid name which I reckon would alienate a lot of people, it's the six pack revolution. I was quite cynical, but it bloomin works! (to be fair, its healthy eating and exercise, its just you are being told what to do and what to eat. Some people need that!)