Gleneagles Drinks

Paxo

Visit site
Hello,

First post but long time lurker.

I'm playing Gleneagles Kings Course next month with a friend as a birthday celebration. Is there a bar that we can go to straight after the round? We're being dropped off and picked up so won't have any opportunity to change shoes/clothes, but I imagine we'll be fairly thirsty when we get off the course.

The hotel is obviously quite fancy, so I'm not sure how they would like two sweaty guys in golf shoes drinking pints at their cocktail bar...

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yes, there is a golfers clubhouse that is very relaxed. You can't miss it, it's part of the building where you check in beforehand and you will be facing it after you finish on the 18th. The hotel is a little distance from the golf area, walkable, so you won't get them mixed up.

It's all very clear when you arrive, the people are ever so friendly, don't worry they will look after you and guide you to the right place.

I'm very envious. It's a wonderful place and the King's course is fabulous, my favourite course to play at (not that I get there regularly. It's treat stuff only 😄)

Paxo

Visit site
Yes, there is a golfers clubhouse that is very relaxed. You can't miss it, it's part of the building where you check in beforehand and you will be facing it after you finish on the 18th. The hotel is a little distance from the golf area, walkable, so you won't get them mixed up.

It's all very clear when you arrive, the people are ever so friendly, don't worry they will look after you and guide you to the right place.

I'm very envious. It's a wonderful place and the King's course is fabulous, my favourite course to play at (not that I get there regularly. It's treat stuff only 😄)
Perfect, thanks very much.

Looking forward to it, it's my 40th birthday so definitely a treat for us.

gopher99

Visit site
We played there a couple of years ago, after the round in the clubhouse area you can go for a drink. There was 8 of us, and we also, stopped for a meal afterwards. They gave us our own table at the back of the restaurant, to be fair I think it was more to keep us away from the rest of the people in the restaurant😀. As LT said its a special place, and far less stuffy than people think it is.

HankMarvin

Tour Rookie
Visit site
The Dormy House is the place to go, there is a casual bar (Bar 70) that sells food & drinks, but if you want a top notch meal then you would need to pre-book in the Dormy Restaurant. Both offer great selections but if it a one off then I would recommend booking the Restaurant.

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
Hello,

First post but long time lurker.

I'm playing Gleneagles Kings Course next month with a friend as a birthday celebration. Is there a bar that we can go to straight after the round? We're being dropped off and picked up so won't have any opportunity to change shoes/clothes, but I imagine we'll be fairly thirsty when we get off the course.

The hotel is obviously quite fancy, so I'm not sure how they would like two sweaty guys in golf shoes drinking pints at their cocktail bar...
id advise to change shoes at least, there are ample changing facilities with lockers available.

Prices were on the high side last time i went some 5 years ago, shudder to think how much it is there now
:ROFLMAO:

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
id advise to change shoes at least, there are ample changing facilities with lockers available.

Prices were on the high side last time i went some 5 years ago, shudder to think how much it is there now
:ROFLMAO:
Can’t be any worse than Turnberry. Ordered 3 lagers and 3 club sarnies few months back.

Came to £103! 😂😂

Edit - sorry. I forgot.

There was a lime and soda and a Small Coke as well 😂😂

Paxo

Visit site
My exact response (once I’d regained my feet) was to ask for a consultant surveyor, as I had obviously just put an offer in on the place.

I mean, they were nice butties but they only came with crisps 😂

10’er a pint stung the most.
Tenner a pint?! Crikey. Will need to limit it to half a dozen in that case.

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
As an aside, It wouldn't take a lot of dosh to make Troon Darley or mibbie even the Lochgreen decent courses.
DFT what's your thoughts on that ?
Always thought that Darley was a very good course, well underplayed compared to Fullarton and Lochgreen.
The hardest course was the least played and the easiest one the busiest :unsure:
The Cooncil have made major changes to Darley to make it easier and more attractive.
Have you played it recently?