40th Birthday Trip.... Help please!

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
If you choose Florida - you don't necessarily need to look at the top name courses who usually want a top name price.

Tracks to consider IMO

World Woods - 2 x Tom Fazio designed courses. Regularly feature in "Top 100" lists
Orange County National - again 2 x 18 holes. Formally host to USPGA Tour Q School
Grand Cypress Resort - 27 holes. Regular stop on the LPGA Tour
Bella Colina - Nick Faldo design
Mission Inn - another 36 hole facility

Literally 100's of other courses to suit any budget
These are good suggestions and I would add.
Southern Dunes stunning course.
LPGA Hills course in Daytona my fave of all time. Go see the Indy cars it’s awesome.
Redtail G And CC in Sarasota.
Tranquillo really top notch.

If you want night life you need to stay in the Orlando centre.
As there isn’t much out in the sticks.

sunshine

Visit site
South Africa and Turkey my worry would be the nightlife. We are not very cultured to be fair, if Wakefield and Scunthorpe had good courses and nice weather I wouldn’t be posting asking for advice.... ?

Please keep em coming. Ideally if you know of courses that we should be looking at. For Ireland are there courses we should look at?

Thanks all; ideas are really welcome!

If culture isn't your thing, what about Blackpool? Some seriously good courses on the door step. The money you save on flights can be recycled on top courses.

If you want some guarantee of sun, then obviously you have to get on a plane. Don't rule out Spain and Portugal based on your experiences of Albufeira and Alicante. There are many other more classy destinations with good golf in the vicinity. For example:

Lisbon: Cascais / Estoril area
Barcelona: Girona has PGA Catalunya and other top courses
Valencia: El Saler
Sevilla, Madrid etc.

The cities I've mentioned have fantastic night life and also great football teams. If it's your thing you can go to a match one evening, champions league is always great entertainment.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If you are gonig to look at the UK then how about Leeds as a base? Great nightlife, food and drink options so that box is ticked.

Ganton, Alwoodley, Moortown, Headingley, Sandmoor

There will be other courses to throw in as options by those in the know but that is a tasty tour. I can't guarantee the weather but then none of the UK options can.

gopher99

Visit site
If you are going down the florida route I would recommend the following courses

Bay Hill
World woods
Southern Dunes
Réunion Resort
Ominous Champions Gate
Waterlefe in Sarasota
Streamsong any of the 3 courses
TPC tampa
Copperhead tampa

D

Deleted member 25172

If you are going down the florida route I would recommend the following courses

Bay Hill
World woods
Southern Dunes
Réunion Resort
Ominous Champions Gate
Waterlefe in Sarasota
Streamsong any of the 3 courses
TPC tampa
Copperhead tampa

Just scrolled through the website. Thought it was the kind of course you had to know people to become a member of, but apparently it's open to anyone who can consider selling their own organs to fund their golf.
  • Initiation fee: $40,000
  • Quarterly dues: $2,749
  • Range Program annual fee: $300
  • Annual Food and Beverage Minimum: $1,200 (June 1 through May 31)

Captainron

Big Hitting, South African Sweary Person
Visit site
If you want to talk culture, try seeing which city has the most listed buildings outside London, the most well attended theatres, most museums etc.

If you want to talk foolish talk, carry on, but I'll bow out in deference to a world champion. (y)
Big Stu and youse living there cancels that all out lar. Liverpool would need the UN, The Louvre and the Sydney Opera House to be there to even hit a level :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

gopher99

Visit site
You can stay overnight at the lodge and play golf the next day, years back we met Arnold Palmer having breakfast the same time as us.

D

Deleted Member 1156

I'm not sure how some of these suggestions can stay in the OP's budget of £1000-1300 :unsure: Any flight outside of Europe is going to be £500+ before you add accommodation, green fees, car hire, food, drink etc.

gopher99

Visit site
For around £1300 you can easily do a weeks golf in South Africa with international flights and internal flights accommodation and golf. Same as Florida as well a villa would cost around £600 between four of you that’s £150 each plus flight say £500. Thats £650, leaves £650 for 5 rounds of golf and food. Take packed lunches..lol

Liverbirdie

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Big Stu and youse living there cancels that all out lar. Liverpool would need the UN, The Louvre and the Sydney Opera House to be there to even hit a level :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

God knows what Newark would need then, Tracey Emin as the lady mayor, Picasso working at the local cafe and the sagrada familia as the local youth club. :D

patricks148

Global Moderator
Visit site
I'd got with Carnoustie and some of the other local Angus courses and a few nights out in Dundee.... will bring a new meaning to a lively nightlife:LOL::LOL: