The Players Championship 2019 - #5thMajor

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Players has kicked off. Tommy, Rose, JT and Schauffele already under way with Rors due to tee off in half an hour. Should be a fantastic tournament, excited to see how it plays now it's moved to earlier in the season.

Who you picking for a good week this week? I reckon Matt Wallace will have another strong week. Played very nicely last week at Bay Hill and has worked hard since then with his coach and has also worked with Phil Kenyon on his putting alignment so with those little tweaks I reckon he'll go nicely. I'm picking Tiger to win his 3rd Players this week though, hoping the week off last week will do him the world of good and he'll put in a solid performance this week.

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Players has kicked off. Tommy, Rose, JT and Schauffele already under way with Rors due to tee off in half an hour. Should be a fantastic tournament, excited to see how it plays now it's moved to earlier in the season.

Who you picking for a good week this week? I reckon Matt Wallace will have another strong week. Played very nicely last week at Bay Hill and has worked hard since then with his coach and has also worked with Phil Kenyon on his putting alignment so with those little tweaks I reckon he'll go nicely. I'm picking Tiger to win his 3rd Players this week though, hoping the week off last week will do him the world of good and he'll put in a solid performance this week.

I fancy tiger for this one.. he took last week off to make sure he was fit for this..

SatchFan

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
The irony wouldn't be lost on me if Rory McIlroy won this week based on a lot of the comments in the unpopular opinions thread (mine included). Been quite an array of winners over the years so it could be up for grabs for almost anyone.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
I don't even know who's on form as I haven't watched much golf since the Ryder Cup.

The only way Rory is winning it is if he has an 8 shot lead on Saturday night. :LOL:

Edit: Is it on Sky Sports? That'll give me something to watch tonight and over the weekend.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I don't even know who's on form as I haven't watched much golf since the Ryder Cup.

The only way Rory is winning it is if he has an 8 shot lead on Saturday night. :LOL:

Edit: Is it on Sky Sports? That'll give me something to watch tonight and over the weekend.

actually think hes almost in the Fowler category at the moment, best option be 4 or 5 groups back and post a score

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rough start for Rose. 3 left tee shots in a row, the one on 3 just went WAY left missing the water left initially before dropping in. Scrappy start.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
That drive on 12 just then from Rors was mental. 315 yards, pitched next to the pin, unreal.

The fact Rose is still level par after the way he's hit it on the first 3 is testament to how good he is. Superb display of recovery play so far.

Wolf

Visit site
My favourite tour event of the year.

Love to see Tiger go well here and get some form going. Would also be good to see Spieth start turning up for 4 rounds.

But listening to Golf Talk america podcast last night they were talking to Elkington and he thinks the way it's set up with the weather this week the winning score will do well to be any better than around - 3

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
McIlroy off to a very tidy start, currently at -3 early on his back 9.

Rose finally gets his first birdie on his 12th hole after the ugly triple bogey on his 10th hole.