The Masters 2015 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Been playing well for a few months, I just don't see him winning a major but don't know why :confused:

Doesn't make enough putts when needed - his driving and long game is superb but always missed too many putts

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Lot of players saying the greens are soft and slower than they're expecting. So will the committee make them deadly tomorrow? I think they will, they could really shake up the scoreboard after the cut.

Very happy to see Spieth with a great round through solid play today. But if conditions change it could unsettle him and it's still within reach of a good bunch.

Soft hands

Assistant Pro
Visit site
It must be hard to keep motivation when your one of the top players say a Rory or a Bubba and you're turning up expecting to challenge and then you see someone so far in front.

To be fair how much does it matter to Mcilroy whether he finishes 5th or 55th?

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
No Phil, right now the coverage is the same as la night, the only difference, and I mean theonly difference, being the star attraction is McIlroy and not Tiger

Wasn't that how it was planned when they did the draw and tee times? The two star attractions (whether we agree or not) late out on alternate days.

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Those of you of a certain age, will remember Bobby Clampett in the Open. Some were already giving him the Claret Jug after 36 holes. He even had a couple of birdies to start the third round and then the wheels fell off.

It ain't over yet.

Yep since when has this sport been predictable.

Look at Tiger doing OK when some thought he would be going home early. And look at Rory now, many peoples favourite to win - might might not make the cut!

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
I just love the way Poulter stares back towards the hole when he misses a make-able putt, as if to say it was the greens fault.

You need a better putting stroke I say.

JohnnyDee

Tour Winner
Visit site
It's what makes sport so compelling. To predict an outcome, particularly in golf, is well neigh impossible. I so wanted Rory to win but don't think that now he can. His double bogey on 9 reminiscent of the meltdown he had a few years ago. As if he's given up in his own mind.

And yet, who's to say that he doesn't shoot -4 on the back nine. To quote Saint & Greavsie 'It's a funny old game"

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
Yep since when has this sport been predictable.

Look at Tiger doing OK when some thought he would be going home early. And look at Rory now, many peoples favourite to win - might might not make the cut!

I wonder if Speith will try and defend his lead, or continue to attack the course. Pressure will be on now, and never easy to win wire to wire. I think it will be a close finish still.

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I wonder if Speith will try and defend his lead, or continue to attack the course. Pressure will be on now, and never easy to win wire to wire. I think it will be a close finish still.

I'll be surprised if the course is so tame again tomorrow, expect the greens to be much faster, interesting to see how he copes with that.

richart

Major Champion
Visit site
I'll be surprised if the course is so tame again tomorrow, expect the greens to be much faster, interesting to see how he copes with that.
Agree, the committee will not like Speith taking the course apart. Could be out of their hands though if they get the predicted thunder storms.

D

Deleted member 15344

Have to feel that they will quicken the greens up tomorrow

I expect he will continue to attack the course