The Masters 2015 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bratty

Princess Pouty (Queen of Fish Lips)
Visit site
I had £5 each way on Casey @ 66/1, to 6th place. Has Rose missing that putt and tying for 2nd just cost me a fair bit?

Reckon I've got £1.66 on him now, so just over £100?

I didn't think it was a bad Masters with Spieth so far ahead at times. Rose and Mickelson tried their best, and made a good stab of it. Well done Mr. Spieth.

Bratty

Visit site
Sounds like they paid too much, seeing as he shared 6th.

They calculate dead heat by dividing stake by number of players in the place by the number of places.

3 of them for 1 place, means £5/3 x 1 = £1.66 @ 66.1, which was £109.56. But because Justin and Phil tied 2nd, that got reduced again. I was just worried I might not get anything.

Fishwick

Hacker
Visit site
They calculate dead heat by dividing stake by number of players in the place by the number of places.

3 of them for 1 place, means £5/3 x 1 = £1.66 @ 66.1, which was £109.56. But because Justin and Phil tied 2nd, that got reduced again. I was just worried I might not get anything.
Justin and Phil tying doesn't change Casey's position.

It's actually 66/4 seeing as each way are paid at quarter odds. 16.5*£5=£82.5. But that should be divided by three because he shared sixth.

Bratty

Visit site
Justin and Phil tying doesn't change Casey's position.

It's actually 66/4 seeing as each way are paid at quarter odds. 16.5*£5=£82.5. But that should be divided by three because he shared sixth.

Good point re 1/4 the odds. Completely forgot about that! This is why I don't normally bet! :D

Well, I'll check it again tomorrow, but that's what it said a few minutes ago.

*edited*
Still showing as £82.50, so I've just withdrawn it! :D

Last edited:

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I'm not going through all 110 pages, maybe these things have all been covered but this is the Masters thread so here is my 2 pence worth. Some great pluses from the Masters, Jordan Speith played like a dream for 4 days. How much fun is it going to be watching him and McIlroy over the next few years. Good to see Rose playing well again and I always love a big Phil challenge. When my son asked why do the fans like him I simply said a) he attacks every shot b) he smiles and looks as if he enjoys himself c) if you were having a bbq Phil would stop, have a beer, a burger and enjoy himself. He is one of the fans. After 20 minutes of watching he turned to me and nodded in understanding.

The Masters Breakfast team are the future, elevate them up Sky.

3D greens, love it. Pro Tracer, love it more. Surely by next year every tee shot will have this.

Please end the sycophancy. The grovelling towards Jack Nicklaus was painful, not much better towards Montgomerie. They are there for expert opinion and to give a pro's view. Surely they don't need to be treated like Roman Emperor's. I ended up turning over when they both came on. Other sports don't grovel towards the ex-pro's, golf should stop it.

Saray Stirk - Really good presenter and breaks up the all male set up. However, someone at Sky please get her to change either her wardrobe, tight dresses, or get her to stand in a more relaxed fashion. She was either posing for an athletics picture or standing like a man. Either way it was hugely distracting and I ended up turning over when she was on. She doesn't suck up to the pro's and knows her stuff. Just sort out the standing issue.

When I did turn over and caught Paul Azinger he spoke really well. Sign him up Sky.

Wayne Riley, where was he? Have Augusta banned him? Probably called the spectators spectators instead of this nonsense about patrons. You can put lipstick on a pig............ Anyway, I know he is a marmite bloke but I missed him and his insights.

Very enjoyable tournament and I can't wait to get out on the course again. Very inspiring.

Crazyface

Tour Winner
Visit site
The one thing that stood out for me over the three days was how easy Speith made it look. There wasn't the emotional collapse with tears at the end. Or a massive roar of relief or anything. The kid just sort of grinned a bit as though,....see its a simple game and easy peasy to win, doddle really, sort of reaction. The most controlled golf I've ever seen.

Region3

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Apart from what anyone else has said, 3 observations from me.

They hadn't gotten rid of the idiots that shout out after a shot.

Rory's shoes on Sunday were the ugliest I've ever seen.

The Masters is better when the greens are hard and fast, almost to the point of being unfair.