The Masters 2015 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Pin-seeker

Visit site
So after all the negativity around Tiger's driving and my comment this morning about it not being that bad, I found some stats that show he hit 10/14 FIR yesterday and has hit 4/5 so far today. Yes he hit some bad ones but they are hardly terrible stats.

Some people just love to hate Tiger.
It's usually the ones who moan about all the coverage he gets,but they can't wait to talk about him.

rob3_142

Visit site
Sky show the same as CBS as it's the CBS feed that they use. So Amen Corner, 15 & 16 and the 2 feature groups (which is what CBS are allowed to show at the moment) are all on the Red button on Sky.

So basically everyone is missing out. I'm sorry, I'm still missing a trick here. Is this is the only major which cuts it's coverage down to half the field?

Maybe I'm too dependent/expectant due to the fantastic coverage of other sports (Olympics, Tennis, football). It's honestly like showing half a football game, or only tennis matches in the evening. 'Oh by the way, such and such a person won this morning, but we didn't show those matches'.

Can someone give me some sensible reasoning behind it?

Green Bay Hacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I am very new to this site (and golf), but is it only me that is extremely confused as to why there is such poor coverage of the Masters? I appreciate that the viewing rights are owned by the people in Augusta, but for such an international spectacle, and one of the 4 majors, surely it makes sense to let people watch it?

I understand in some corners of the golfing community, things are still a little behind the times, but not letting people watch one of the highlights of the sporting calendar?

Can anyone shed any light on to why this is the case?

Thanks

Pretty sure that it is the organising committee at Augusta National that restrict the coverage. Just the same as they only allow about 25,000 in on Thursday - Sunday but three times that on Wednesday.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So basically everyone is missing out. I'm sorry, I'm still missing a trick here. Is this is the only major which cuts it's coverage down to half the field?

Maybe I'm too dependent/expectant due to the fantastic coverage of other sports (Olympics, Tennis, football). It's honestly like showing half a football game, or only tennis matches in the evening. 'Oh by the way, such and such a person won this morning, but we didn't show those matches'.

Can someone give me some sensible reasoning behind it?

It's just down to what Augusta National allow. It's their comp, their rules. But they do make sure that there are (I think) about 55 mins of live golf per hour when they are on air, as they don't need the advertising revenue.

Used to be that they never showed anything of the front 9, let alone full coverage. Even now, on Sunday, you don't normally get to see the final group teeing off. In fact, you don't really see anything of the 1st all weekend.

colint

Tour Rookie
Visit site
So after all the negativity around Tiger's driving and my comment this morning about it not being that bad, I found some stats that show he hit 10/14 FIR yesterday and has hit 4/5 so far today. Yes he hit some bad ones but they are hardly terrible stats.

I'd say the problem is that his bad ones are very very bad, seems to be under control today though

sawtooth

Tour Winner
Visit site
Theres a long way to go yet. Some will probably shoot really low tomorrow and get a bit closer I reckon but if Spieth still has a 6 or more shot lead by the end of the 3rd round then it should be all over.

North Mimms

Tour Winner
Visit site
Thank goodness Charley Hoffman finally cut off that dreadful bleach blond balding mullet.
Trouble is, he now looks like 50% of the rest of the field

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Not much mention of Tiger tonight, he must have done ok. :D

I believe Phils at Media City in Manchester campaigning for the BBC not to show him this weekend.....:whistle:

Pretty good return, tough place to come into cold.

Spieth is unbelievable the last few months, run away with the Aussie Tournament, Tigers tournament and looks like he could romp this.

D

Deleted member 15344

I believe Phils at Media City in Manchester campaigning for the BBC not to show him this weekend.....:whistle:

Pretty good return, tough place to come into cold.

Spieth is unbelievable the last few months, run away with the Aussie Tournament, Tigers tournament and looks like he could romp this.

Not watched it so can't comment

But enjoying the coverage for the last 20 mins - lots of players being shown :thup:

Imurg

The Grinder Of Pars (Semi Crocked)
Visit site
I'm pleased Tiger's got it going - but his PNWokingham swing speed worries me every time I see it.
Makes my back ache just thinking about it..