The Masters 2015 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I have no issue with Woods getting coverage - when he is challenging - when he isnt then its poor coverage and its why i think golf will be better to watch when he doesnt play

The thing is Phil, if Tiger wasn't playing, it would be someone else not everyone else. Certain groups are arranged at certain times for prime time TV, yesterday it was Tiger, today it will likely be McIlroy. When Tiger plays he is one of those groups because he is who everyone (well the majority) wants to see. If he wasn't there you wouldn't see lots of others you would see whoever the powers that be decide to show instead. The coverage wouldn't be better, it would just be different.

As far as I could tell last night the big news was Tiger, Spieth and Day on the back nine. I also saw plenty of Rory and Mickleson. Els also quite rightly got plenty of coverage while he was on the course. Apart from the fact the sight of Tiger obviously offends you, I don't think they got a lot wrong.

rob3_142

Visit site
I am very new to this site (and golf), but is it only me that is extremely confused as to why there is such poor coverage of the Masters? I appreciate that the viewing rights are owned by the people in Augusta, but for such an international spectacle, and one of the 4 majors, surely it makes sense to let people watch it?

I understand in some corners of the golfing community, things are still a little behind the times, but not letting people watch one of the highlights of the sporting calendar?

Can anyone shed any light on to why this is the case?

Thanks

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Why do guys continue to take driver at 13? Seen so many players today miss the fairway on both sides. Such a tight tee shot, just makes sense to lay up with a 3w surely?

Spieth now -2 for the day!

TigerIsAmazing

Blackballed
Banned
Visit site
I am very new to this site (and golf), but is it only me that is extremely confused as to why there is such poor coverage of the Masters? I appreciate that the viewing rights are owned by the people in Augusta, but for such an international spectacle, and one of the 4 majors, surely it makes sense to let people watch it?

I understand in some corners of the golfing community, things are still a little behind the times, but not letting people watch one of the highlights of the sporting calendar?

Can anyone shed any light on to why this is the case?

Thanks
The golf channel is covering it. Sky have live coverage for 4 days. BBC have live uninterupted coverage SAT and SUN with highlights tonight. Sky has a dedicated AMEN corner plus chosen groups on the red button.

so not that bad really

Fishwick

Hacker
Visit site
Why do guys continue to take driver at 13? Seen so many players today miss the fairway on both sides. Such a tight tee shot, just makes sense to lay up with a 3w surely?

Spieth now -2 for the day!
It's a tough second shot with a long iron if you're going in two. Risk a driver to approach with a mid iron, and if you miss the fairway, you can lay up.

rob3_142

Visit site
The golf channel is covering it. Sky have live coverage for 4 days. BBC have live uninterupted coverage SAT and SUN with highlights tonight. Sky has a dedicated AMEN corner plus chosen groups on the red button.

so not that bad really

Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna come across as greedy or ungrateful. But surely it's not too much to ask to just have access to the coverage whilst it's on? I missed most of Mcllroy's round yesterday and am missing Speith tearing it up right now. Considering the extensive coverage the American's are enjoying on their CBS right now, I don't understand why they're stopping the rest of the world watching. Usually when you purchase viewing rights from another country, you just get a replica of their pictures, as opposed to a cut down version for reasons beyond my understanding.

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Yeah fair point I guess. A lot of the guys are struggling to hit fairway off the tee with the driver though, so not many have actually been able to go for it in 2.

Bernhard Langer still has it. His tee shot on 12 was awesome. What a player he is. Nice to see Sandy Lyle rocking the hickory putter too!

post-4012-0-39505300-1428672889.jpg

triple_bogey

Tour Rookie
Visit site
It was Haney that had him playing a fade to avoid 'the big miss' (his massive duck hooks), hence the book title.

That's true, but he wasn't primarily setting up for fades during the Haney reign. You can look back at his video's and compare the Haney to the Foley era. Even commentators mentions how far left of the target he sets up a lot of the time since Foley.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
So after all the negativity around Tiger's driving and my comment this morning about it not being that bad, I found some stats that show he hit 10/14 FIR yesterday and has hit 4/5 so far today. Yes he hit some bad ones but they are hardly terrible stats.

Duckster

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Don't get me wrong, I don't wanna come across as greedy or ungrateful. But surely it's not too much to ask to just have access to the coverage whilst it's on? I missed most of Mcllroy's round yesterday and am missing Speith tearing it up right now. Considering the extensive coverage the American's are enjoying on their CBS right now, I don't understand why they're stopping the rest of the world watching. Usually when you purchase viewing rights from another country, you just get a replica of their pictures, as opposed to a cut down version for reasons beyond my understanding.

Sky show the same as CBS as it's the CBS feed that they use. So Amen Corner, 15 & 16 and the 2 feature groups (which is what CBS are allowed to show at the moment) are all on the Red button on Sky.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
So after all the negativity around Tiger's driving and my comment this morning about it not being that bad, I found some stats that show he hit 10/14 FIR yesterday and has hit 4/5 so far today. Yes he hit some bad ones but they are hardly terrible stats.

To be honest if it were not for Speith he would be in the mix.

I suppose it will be Woods highlights later.
Crazy we cant see the best golfers play