The Masters 2015 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
Rather childish dont you think - especially with you talking about me ruining threads on the other thread

I watch the Masters because im a massive golf fan , i watch the Master in the hope of seeing some wonderful golf -because the focus is on Woods i can have the enjoyment of watching him hack the ball around and then have the odd special shot from the other players thrown in.

I have no idea why when people are negative about Woods its seen as major crime -

I pay money to watch the golf so i believe im entitled to have a complaint about that coverage. If you dont like what i post about Woods ( which unless im mistaken hasnt broken any rules ) or what i say about the coverage then you could just ignore my posts. Because right now the thread has gone from people talking about the Masters and players to people having a pop at me.

Phil me old mucker - of course you and everyone else are entitled to your/ there opinion but just because we watch/pay as individuals we have a minor voice on our own to get coverage of a certain player toned down from the execs we'll have to vote on mass either stop subs or enmass day in and day out right in and complain about the coverage we are paying for

D

Deleted member 15344

Childish? Honestly get a grip of yourself. Just a suggestion for an alternative if you don't like the viewing on offer, that you evidently don't :thup:

So what do you want? Tiger to retire? A different coverage on the red button that isn't so focused on Tiger?

I don't like it either by the way, but understand he is big business and a big story so of course they are going to show him. Nothing I can do about it.

Tiger cam on the red button whilst the main coverage is on everyone else

So many players today and we hardly saw a thing from some of the best in the World.

D

Deleted member 15344

Phil me old mucker - of course you and everyone else are entitled to your/ there opinion but just because we watch/pay as individuals we have a minor voice on our own to get coverage of a certain player toned down from the execs we'll have to vote on mass either stop subs or enmass day in and day out right in and complain about the coverage we are paying for

If only we all could but it wont happen and if we want to watch sports events we need to pay the money :(

D

Deleted member 15344

. Tell me about it I shell out each month to sky from my hard earned stash and the only sport I watch is about 8 hours a month of pga tour golf

Its a viscious circle now - Sky have sports fans by the balls

I dont know why they arent allowed to show Amen Corner on the main channel until 8

ger147

Tour Winner
Visit site
I must be on a different planet from all the moaners. Had the golf on from 3:45pm till close of play, flicking between the various red button options and the main programme and thoroughly enjoyed the coverage, saw loads of different players and can't wait to do it all again tomorrow.

HawkeyeMS

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Just catching up with this from last night and I'm not surprised to see Phil spouting his usual anti-Tiger rubbish, it is so predictable and dare I say boring. I bet there were almost tears in his eyes when Tiger showed up with a short game, he probably had a post pre-written that he had to delete.

Picking up on a few general points;

I can't find the stats but was Tiger's driving really that bad? Sure he hit a couple of wild ones but he also seemed to hit a fair number of terrific drives?

As for Phil's favourite topic TV coverage, as with every tournament, Tiger will get covered, he's big news, people want to see him, no point moaning about it time after time. Besides, I thought it was slightly less Tiger centric than usual. They seemed to show several of his shots on delay rather than live but then again, maybe I'm wrong.

Finally, sure he had a few lucky bounces but how good is Jordan Spieth? If he doesn't win it this week, it's only a matter of time before he does.

D

Deleted member 15344

Just catching up with this from last night and I'm not surprised to see Phil spouting his usual anti-Tiger rubbish, it is so predictable and dare I say boring. I bet there were almost tears in his eyes when Tiger showed up with a short game, he probably had a post pre-written that he had to delete.

Is there anything i have said in my posts that is actually rubbish or is it just because its critical of Woods that the fanboys need to come out fighting - also through the thread you will see i posted about a couple of fantastic shots he did and the superb bunker shot on the 10th or do those posts get ignored because they dont fit in with the "Anti Tiger"

As for his short game - im not sure i said much about it when there was even a thread on it - always been his driving for me that causes him issues
Picking up on a few general points;

I can't find the stats but was Tiger's driving really that bad? Sure he hit a couple of wild ones but he also seemed to hit a fair number of terrific drives?

As for Phil's favourite topic TV coverage, as with every tournament, Tiger will get covered, he's big news, people want to see him, no point moaning about it time after time. Besides, I thought it was slightly less Tiger centric than usual. They seemed to show several of his shots on delay rather than live but then again, maybe I'm wrong.

Finally, sure he had a few lucky bounces but how good is Jordan Spieth? If he doesn't win it this week, it's only a matter of time before he does.

I have no issue with Woods getting coverage - when he is challenging - when he isnt then its poor coverage and its why i think golf will be better to watch when he doesnt play

la_lucha

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Phill lay off everyone a little yeah. You seem to try to pick a fight with everyone. You act like the forum sniper popping shots off at everyone.

Last edited:

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yet another thread turning into a slanging match, at least this place is consistent!

Anyway I digress, personally I enjoyed watching the coverage of Tiger, was he going to duff his chip into the drink? Where the heck is his next drive going to end up? Loved it.

Wabinez

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Guys we need to agree to disagree and respect others opinions even if they differ from ours.

It's a good thread , let's not spoil it

Thank you

The voice of reason! So many people get their backs up so quickly!

At least we know one thing about who is going to win the Masters. There was a stat saying no-one had won the Masters after being more than (I think) 4 shots off the lead after Round 1. So your winner is either:

Speith
Hoffman
Rose
Els
Day
Henley
Garcia

The rest might as well go home...if you believe the stats!

D

Deleted member 15344

The voice of reason! So many people get their backs up so quickly!

At least we know one thing about who is going to win the Masters. There was a stat saying no-one had won the Masters after being more than (I think) 4 shots off the lead after Round 1. So your winner is either:

Speith
Hoffman
Rose
Els
Day
Henley
Garcia

The rest might as well go home...if you believe the stats!

Some big players in that list

If Sergio can find some form with the putter he could have a big say - his driving and iron play was supreme

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think you're better looking at who's at 4 shots off 5 under to find the winner. People don't win from day one generally and as good as Spieth's score is, it included a number of lucky breaks. Not denying him an excellent round, I've always liked Spieth a lot, but the old cliche of it being a 72 hole tournament applies.

D

Deleted member 15344

What odds The Big Easy to complete the grand slam in August?

Has he not won the PGA before ? Was it not one of his Playoffs against Monty ?

Edit : it was Elkington

Watching Ernie swing yesterday it looked so comfortable for him and he has that putter working well

Last edited by a moderator:

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I thought the coverage was way to 'Speith' centric. I had to endure every shot the kid played. Every flipping one. Apart from leading the tournament, and being the new favourite, and being young, talented, and happy, what's he done to deserve this sort of treatment?

And he's got big feet.

Hope he misses the cut, so I can enjoy watching someone else chop it round.

But then I've got a fiver on him to win it.

Smiffy

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
Some big players in that list

If Sergio can find some form with the putter he could have a big say - his driving and iron play was supreme

With a tenner riding on him, I am hoping (and praying) that he shoots a blistering 66 today.
That will put me at my ease.
I'm not particularly keen on him as a "person" but he is one of the best iron players out there, and if his putting holds up, it could be a first major for the guy.