The Masters 2015 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
Bitter ? Nah

He performed as most expected - just a shame the hogged the coverage whilst many other players were out there.

not a lot he can do about that - the old fella is entitled to earn a crust. He ain't putting any jam on his bread but he's getting a thinly spread of butter on it so good luck to him

D

Deleted member 15344

not a lot he can do about that - the old fella is entitled to earn a crust. He ain't putting any jam on his bread but he's getting a thinly spread of butter on it so good luck to him

:confused:

Yep not his fault - just a shame and why i would prefer he miss the cut so we can see all the other players

Even no in the studio the focus should be all about the guys at the top half - yes its all about a guy 9 shouts back

Soft hands

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Bitter ? Nah

He performed as most expected - just a shame the hogged the coverage whilst many other players were out there.

You must be about something. It's abit of a laugh criticising the odd bad shot or reaction but every single time is tedious.

He gets tv time because he's the greatest player who is still competing,Nicklaus got plenty air time yesterday it's fair enough.

Rory will get majority of air time if Tiger misses the cut as would be expected he's the next most popular player it's how it works.

D

Deleted member 15344

You must be about something. It's abit of a laugh criticising the odd bad shot or reaction but every single time is tedious.

He gets tv time because he's the greatest player who is still competing,Nicklaus got plenty air time yesterday it's fair enough.

Rory will get majority of air time if Tiger misses the cut as would be expected he's the next most popular player it's how it works.

He provides enough ammunition to critsize and i look forward to the day when the focus isnt just about Woods

D

Deleted member 15344

Really is quite sad how you take enjoyment from willing someone to do badly! :confused:

Did better than I expected, certainly short game wise. His driving a been horrific for years.

Sorry but im not a Woods fan - didnt realise it was a crime to want him to miss the cut so then the Masters can be about more than just Tiger Woods

D

Deleted member 15344

But then it will just be on the best/most popular player at that time? You're going to be wanting someone to do bad for a long time.

As long as that best player is actually contending then there is no issue - if Woods was attaking the leaders then the coverage should be about him and the others but not when he is miles away from the leader and then they still focus on him after.

Its not the "Tiger Woods Masters"

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Sorry but im not a Woods fan - didnt realise it was a crime to want him to miss the cut so then the Masters can be about more than just Tiger Woods

Not a crime at all, just sad like I say.

Sure you'll be fed up of watching every shot McIlroy/a.n.other world #1 hits when he hangs up the clubs.

D

Deleted member 15344

When he calls it a day will the focus change from one fella to another rather than a group of fellas though that is the question

The focus will be on the players in that tournament that are doing well - as we witness when Woods isnt playing.

How many shots did we see from the World Number 2 today - None. Same score as Woods and out on the course at the same time yet we didnt see him at all .

D

Deleted member 15344

Not a crime at all, just sad like I say.

Sure you'll be fed up of watching every shot McIlroy/a.n.other world #1 hits when he hangs up the clubs.

But that hasnt happened when Woods isnt playing - you get to see all of the players play and not just one.

Soft hands

Assistant Pro
Visit site
As long as that best player is actually contending then there is no issue - if Woods was attaking the leaders then the coverage should be about him and the others but not when he is miles away from the leader and then they still focus on him after.

Its not the "Tiger Woods Masters"

No it isn't.

But that's the media for you they will do that with the player who brings in most viewers regardless of if they are contending and always will.

I don't like the way Mcilroy gets a free pass off Sky all the time, doesn't mean I want him to play bad.

You're going to be frustrated as one player getting majority of focus will never change.

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site

that's fair enough some people you just don't like - I think the same about old Garcia don't know why think he is a right muppet

D

Deleted member 15344

No it isn't.

But that's the media for you they will do that with the player who brings in most viewers regardless of if they are contending and always will.

I don't like the way Mcilroy gets a free pass off Sky all the time, doesn't mean I want him to play bad.

You're going to be frustrated as one player getting majority of focus will never change.

Actually i wont because when Woods doesnt play the focus isnt all about one player and the coverage is so much better.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
But that hasnt happened when Woods isnt playing - you get to see all of the players play and not just one.

Really?

I must have dreamt watching Kevin Sadler mark his ball halfway up a cactus for 15 minutes when he was winning a tournament then.

I don't know why you watch the masters tbh Phil. You've whined about the programme before coverage and whined about woods being shown?

If the coverage offends you that much watch the re runs from the 80's of Liverpool winning things to pass the time.

Del_Boy

Head Pro
Visit site
Really?

I must have dreamt watching Kevin Sadler mark his ball halfway up a cactus for 15 minutes when he was winning a tournament then.

I don't know why you watch the masters tbh Phil. You've whined about the programme before coverage and whined about woods being shown?

If the coverage offends you that much watch the re runs from the 80's of Liverpool winning things to pass the time.

Cracked me up

D

Deleted member 15344

Really?

I must have dreamt watching Kevin Sadler mark his ball halfway up a caucus for 15 minutes when he was winning a tournament then.

I don't know why you watch the masters tbh Phil. You've whined about the programme before coverage and whined about a woods being shown?

Rather childish dont you think - especially with you talking about me ruining threads on the other thread

I watch the Masters because im a massive golf fan , i watch the Master in the hope of seeing some wonderful golf -because the focus is on Woods i can have the enjoyment of watching him hack the ball around and then have the odd special shot from the other players thrown in.

I have no idea why when people are negative about Woods its seen as major crime -

I pay money to watch the golf so i believe im entitled to have a complaint about that coverage. If you dont like what i post about Woods ( which unless im mistaken hasnt broken any rules ) or what i say about the coverage then you could just ignore my posts. Because right now the thread has gone from people talking about the Masters and players to people having a pop at me.

NWJocko

Tour Winner
Visit site
Rather childish dont you think - especially with you talking about me ruining threads on the other thread

I watch the Masters because im a massive golf fan , i watch the Master in the hope of seeing some wonderful golf -because the focus is on Woods i can have the enjoyment of watching him hack the ball around and then have the odd special shot from the other players thrown in.

I have no idea why when people are negative about Woods its seen as major crime -

I pay money to watch the golf so i believe im entitled to have a complaint about that coverage. If you dont like what i post about Woods ( which unless im mistaken hasnt broken any rules ) or what i say about the coverage then you could just ignore my posts. Because right now the thread has gone from people talking about the Masters and players to people having a pop at me.

Childish? Honestly get a grip of yourself. Just a suggestion for an alternative if you don't like the viewing on offer, that you evidently don't :thup:

So what do you want? Tiger to retire? A different coverage on the red button that isn't so focused on Tiger?

I don't like it either by the way, but understand he is big business and a big story so of course they are going to show him. Nothing I can do about it.