The Masters 2015 Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

USER1999

Grand Slam Winner
Visit site
I am guessing that we didn't see much of Stenson because he's a European, he was chopping it round, and all the focus on that group was on Speith, with a bit of Horseshoe thrown in for the yanks.
Although the only time I remember Horseshoe being on screen was when he was talking to Speith.

May be Stenson needs to play better?

Wilson

Head Pro
Visit site
I am guessing that we didn't see much of Stenson because he's a European, he was chopping it round, and all the focus on that group was on Speith, with a bit of Horseshoe thrown in for the yanks.
Although the only time I remember Horseshoe being on screen was when he was talking to Speith.

May be Stenson needs to play better?
I read on Twitter this morning he may withdraw, his flu has got worse they said.

Bucket92

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Why does Sergio seem like he doesn't want to be there? Makes a great putt for par on 10, awesome chip in on 14 and still looks like he'd rather be anywhere else in the world. Get your head in the game, Sergio!

Dan2501

Tour Winner
Visit site
Has Woods always played a big cut over a draw? Or is this a new thing? Were so many occasions where he should have played a gentle draw, and instead played a massive cut. Seems like the complete opposite strategy to what you'd expect at Augusta. The right-hand faders don't typically do well!

D

Deleted member 15344

Has Woods always played a big cut over a draw? Or is this a new thing? Were so many occasions where he should have played a gentle draw, and instead played a massive cut. Seems like the complete opposite strategy to what you'd expect at Augusta. The right-hand faders don't typically do well!

His stock shot has always appeared to be a fade and I think Nicklaus had a stock shot of fade.

lobthewedge

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Why does Sergio seem like he doesn't want to be there? Makes a great putt for par on 10, awesome chip in on 14 and still looks like he'd rather be anywhere else in the world. Get your head in the game, Sergio!

I would disagree bucket.

Watched quite a bit of this group on the back nine and thought Sergio looked pretty relaxed and happy, laughing and joking with Jason Day and Ricky Fowler. His reaction to the chip in on 14 was pretty funny, it was sheepish embarrassment as he knew that if it didn't hit the pin he was looking at a 30ft putt back the way.

I like Sergio, sure hes had his problems and battled with his demons, but he seems a better man for it and appears to be in a good place on and off the course. It cant have been easy growing up in Tigers shadow with all that media glare, attention and expectation heaped on you. Throw in the Major disappointments he suffered at the hands of Harrington and its a wonder the guy isnt a gibbering wreck drooling his days away in a mental institution.

Good luck to him, hope he has a good weekend.