The Kardashian Effect

• Thread starter Deleted member 21445
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Yep! (y)
I blame the parents.:mad:
Behave, A lot of parents have no idea how their little cherub’s’s are bombarded and pressurised by modern media.

I’m the JLO at are our place, also run the Clubs Social Media accts and it’s frightening how kids are targetted with adverts etc.

As well as Parents getting involved, I believe Schools should be mandated to be involved as well, around here it depends on which School a kid attends as to what education on the dangers of social media they are given.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
You do realise we are talking about kids here?

Whilst it may be kids in this particular instance Paul, and not to dismiss your point, but there are a lot more than kids that hang the every word of these influencers.

One of the few personal "benefits"( if that is the right choice of phrase) of this pandemic is home supermarket deliveries; I am not longer treated to some of the vacuous (and that is the right word) conversations that I suffered previously in the queues.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Behave, A lot of parents have no idea how their little cherub’s’s are bombarded and pressurised by modern media.

I’m the JLO at are our place, also run the Clubs Social Media accts and it’s frightening how kids are targetted with adverts etc.

As well as Parents getting involved, I believe Schools should be mandated to be involved as well, around here it depends on which School a kid attends as to what education on the dangers of social media they are given.

A good idea but better still, Social Media should develop a sense of social responsibility, but I won't be holding my breath for that to happen.

D

Deleted member 16999

Whilst it may be kids in this particular instance Paul, and not to dismiss your point, but there are a lot more than kids that hang the every word of these influencers.

One of the few personal "benefits"( if that is the right choice of phrase) of this pandemic is home supermarket deliveries; I am not longer treated to some of the vacuous (and that is the right word) conversations that I suffered previously in the queues.
A good idea but better still, Social Media should develop a sense of social responsibility, but I won't be holding my breath for that to happen.
Totally agree, again it boils down to money.