Teenagers and the virus

Jacko_G

Blackballed
Visit site
Will there now be a run for hair clippers??

Good job I've been rather challenged in the hair department since mid 20's and have a relatively new set of clippers bought last year. Saves me a fortune and I'll still be as smart and handsome throughout this virus.

?

jim8flog

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There was a video posted on my face book page of a young women with real flowing locks deciding to shave it all off. Now there is a thought.
(I am not talking Brazilian):eek:

Blakey

Medal Winner
Visit site
My 17yo daughter last night asked if it was OK to go see her boyfriend.

My first reaction was to say no, however she then pointed out
- she had been at work all day in close proximity to the public, handling cash (she has a Saturday job in a sandwich shop)
- I would be coming into contact with public at the supermarket tomorrow
- her mum would be in close contact with loads of small kids at school every day next week
- I would be playing golf as usual on Monday

I gave in, but insisted she got a lift there and back rather than using public transport. Have to say it didn't feel right, but it did seem a bit hypocritical to keep her in given the points she made.

This is going to be a recurring scenario over the next 12 weeks and probably longer. Part of me is thinking the sooner we have a total lock down, the better.

Anyone in the same situation and how are you handling it?

Most of of the reasons given expecially her close proximity to public are all the more reason for not going out, the lock down and social distancing measures are in place to stop people passing on the virus which they may have without showing any signs of it themsleves.

rudebhoy

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
have told her she can only meet him outdoors and must maintain the 2m social distancing rule. She's not happy about it, but understands why.

I think we are going to be on total lockdown from tomorrow anyway.