The Kardashian Effect

• Thread starter Deleted member 21445
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 16999

Wasn't it the same week as the duchess of Cambridge went and tried golf aswell? Somebody who would be an actual role Model and does a lot of good work rather than that family who have created a lot more harm than good
I believe you’re over thinking this! The governing bodies didn’t ask this creature to get involved in promoting Golf, it was a knock on effect of her putting it on her social media platforms.

If you think kids only follow honest, virtuous people you’re in for a shock.

D

Deleted member 21258

Im certainly with the thought, if it helps to get young people on the course, then great.

Daughter came with me a few times, hit the ball sometimes but sadly didn't continue, if the Ks could have helped to spend time on the course I would have been very happy. Son took up the sport and better than me.

Enjoy OP its great to get the children out with you, so much excitement, laughs, spending time with the family, great to see the steep learning curve and the freedom that they swing with.

Really what is there not to like.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I believe you’re over thinking this! The governing bodies didn’t ask this creature to get involved in promoting Golf, it was a knock on effect of her putting it on her social media platforms.

They don't get asked but promoters do love to try get a freebie by contacting places say I want this holiday for free and I'll promote it ..

Who's to say she didn't ask the club for bit of cash

Everything that's wrong with society.

D

Deleted member 16999

They don't get asked but promoters do love to try get a freebie by contacting places say I want this holiday for free and I'll promote it ..

Who's to say she didn't ask the club for bit of cash

Everything that's wrong with society.
We get it, you don’t like her, but now were in to the realms of guessing and making stories up, so I’m out.(y)

bobmac

Major Champion
Visit site
If more young girls get into golf because of her then great because the boys will follow.
All good as long as they don't copy her swing :censored:

sunshine

Visit site

I think you’ll find someone is paying her to promote golf. That’s how it works, her life is an advert and her job is to get paid for living her life. She wouldn’t put a post on social media without receiving income. The fact that the photos feature a callaway tour bag with her name embroidered is a bit of a giveaway.

Personally I find it an incredibly shallow way to live, but she is the expert at monetisation of her brand.

D

Deleted member 16999

I think you’ll find someone is paying her to promote golf. That’s how it works, her life is an advert and her job is to get paid for living her life. She wouldn’t put a post on social media without receiving income. The fact that the photos feature a callaway tour bag with her name embroidered is a bit of a giveaway.

Personally I find it an incredibly shallow way to live, but she is the expert at monetisation of her brand.
Except not everything is what you see!
Kyle Jenner gave the whole family a personalised set of Clubs plus matching bags for Easter, the video is then taken by and released on her friends Instagram, certainly not a professional vid.

I have no doubt what and who she is, but if you do a little bit of research you’ll see this wasn’t “her” doing “her” thing.

If it had been her doing it I’d imagine she’d of been dressed head to toe in brands snd been plugging away.

Others have jumped on the video and increased its awareness, ie, Golf Monthly etc
https://progolfweekly.com/kim-kardashian-the-next-big-golf-influencer/?amp

I have no interest in what she or any other of these type do, but if by it being released she gets more people in to Golf, especially kids, then that’s ok in my book.

Edit: On researching further there are photos of her “playing golf” from 2020 so it’s obviously not the first time she’s tried it.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site

A delivery driver who comes to my work each day has a wife who has started a business. Smashing little business supplying treat boxes locally. She uses social media to promote it. One of his neighbours is a Geordie Shore guy and they asked him recently, bbq in the garden, if he would mention what they do in a post. He apologised and said he wasn't allowed to. Every post goes through his manager / agent and has to be paid for. He's small fry in the world of social media presence and even he wont do a thing without payment, not small either.

You've nailed it. They know exactly the value of their brand, nothing happens with their involvement without a big chunk of cash changing hands, nothing. Everything is planned and managed. It's weird, it's mystifying in all honesty but there you go. It's happening all over, the ability to earn a living by not really doing anything.

Anyway, back to the point. It doesn't matter who gets girls / women interested as long as they are.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Kyle Jenner gave the whole family a personalised set of Clubs plus matching bags for Easter, the video is then taken by and released on her friends Instagram, certainly not a professional vid.

I have no doubt what and who she is, but if you do a little bit of research you’ll see this wasn’t “her” doing “her” thing.

If it had been her doing it I’d imagine she’d of been dressed head to toe in brands snd been plugging away.

Others have jumped on the video and increased its awareness, ie, Golf Monthly etc
https://progolfweekly.com/kim-kardashian-the-next-big-golf-influencer/?amp

I have no interest in what she or any other of these type do, but if by it being released she gets more people in to Golf, especially kids, then that’s ok in my book.

Edit: On researching further there are photos of her “playing golf” from 2020 so it’s obviously not the first time she’s tried it.

And why did she do that eh? Why would she buy the entire family clubs for a sport they don't play?

It's all advertising

I mean it's very subtle and clever but advertising none the less

D

Deleted member 16999

And why did she do that eh? Why would she buy the entire family clubs for a sport they don't play?

It's all advertising

I mean it's very subtle and clever but advertising none the less
I’d suggest Kyle Jenner was given all the stuff for free and as I’ve already said, this wasn’t the first time Kim has played Golf.

What I don’t understand is why this has gone from getting Kids interested in Golf into how these “people” make a living.:rolleyes:

Going to be easier to get one of these GM Offers in the future as there’s no way the self righteous on here will be putting their name forward.

sunshine

Visit site

Kyle Jenner didn't go out and buy personalised clubs for the whole family. What's more, these were probably not even freebies. The club manufacturer would have paid a considerable amount to give them the clubs, on the condition they were featured on her social media feeds. The fee would vary based on video or photo, prominence of the logos, time on screen, featuring in an instagram story etc.

This is big business today!

This is today's equivalent of buying advertising time on ITV. You pay more for the advert break in Coronation St than a graveyard slot during daytime tv.

Think of all the people who join this forum to tell us about their journey to scratch and advertise their vlog. Those people are just after freebies... a couple of thousand followers and footjoy will give you some new shoes as long as you mention them. But when you have millions of followers... these guys employ fulltime teams to manage their social media feeds.

D

Deleted member 16999

Kyle Jenner didn't go out and buy personalised clubs for the whole family. What's more, these were probably not even freebies. The club manufacturer would have paid a considerable amount to give them the clubs, on the condition they were featured on her social media feeds. The fee would vary based on video or photo, prominence of the logos, time on screen, featuring in an instagram story etc.

This is big business today!

This is today's equivalent of buying advertising time on ITV. You pay more for the advert break in Coronation St than a graveyard slot during daytime tv.

Think of all the people who join this forum to tell us about their journey to scratch and advertise their vlog. Those people are just after freebies... a couple of thousand followers and footjoy will give you some new shoes as long as you mention them. But when you have millions of followers... these guys employ fulltime teams to manage their social media feeds.
Try reading what I posted.:rolleyes:

4LEX

Visit site
There has been a big increase in girls and ladies taking up golf since the first lockdown and it's a great thing.

No time for the Kardashians but they were in the right place at the right time. Who wouldn't take advantage of the media spotlight?