The GM Forum Weightwatchers.

Gasp

Head Pro
Visit site
It seems to me that many of us are less than happy with our waist lines (or lack of them). As for myself, in the past year my svelt 11.5 stone has ballooned to nearly 13. And I'm not alone. MikeH and MWJ have both discussed shedding the ounces (with or without Rioja) and I'm sure there are a few more of you out there that want to do the same.

What I suggest is a forum self help group geeing each other along in the quest, with a weekly update on our progress - Maybe a Wednesday Wiegh Day or something.

With the current obsession with fitness in the Pro ranks this can only help us enjoy our favoured sport even more, and as a valid scientific experiment we could chart our scores to see if there really is improvement- 5 lbs = half a shot (MikeH could be scratch by the end of the summer)

I fully expect abuse for this posts completely disregard for manliness, but I'd be interested in your thoughts.

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
6'1" and up until new years eve I was 19st. Got a dose of the flu, was bed ridden for most of the week and have lost 11 lbs this week. Ideally 16 3/4-17st will do me great as its really only the spare tyre I need to get rid of.
I was very thin when I was 18 (now 31) and looked geeky, I'd actually rather be classed as ideal weight verging on slightly overweight rather than go back to being a waif.

Gasp

Head Pro
Visit site
Congratulations Mad thats a loss of 7 stone in one line, keep going mate.

I think we should set ourselves weekly goals. I started last week at 13 stone 3 pounds and have lost 6 pounds this week through eating healthy stuff and exercise. I think 6 is probably too much but it hasn't been a struggle, so my goal is 4 pounds by next week.

Current weight- 12st 11pounds

brendy

Global Moderator
Visit site
What exercise are you fellas doing, Hopefully my Friday night footy is back on after the new year break, that and 2 rounds at the weekend is my main exercise. As a systems analyst I get out of the office a little but not doing anything energetic.
All my lunches and expenses are sorted too so I really have to be careful what I eat each day.

Gasp

Head Pro
Visit site
Just Gym for me, but little things during the day as well e.g. walking up the stairs instead of using the lift, also carrying your bag greatly increases calorie burning during your round.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
www.snodhurstcarsales.co.uk
Im 5'10 so looking at the evidence posted so far I am the true king of the forum fat-boys!

My only excuse is that I am exceptionally large framed (I have a 52" Chest!) so not too bad.

My doc reckons I should get down to a minimum of 15st but I reckon I can get nearer 14.

Golfer2112

Assistant Pro
Visit site
6ft 4inches and 14st 3lbs but in reality a skinny bugger with a slight pot belly. Target is 13st 7lbs.

My top tip/moment of realisation: Beer and cheese are both fattening!

medwayjon

Tour Winner
Isn't it just typical that all the good things in life like beer, curries and a 2am kebab (it is the law down here) are all bad for us. The worst however is my beloved guinness, I have been told it runs in at 600cals per pint!

I think a good start for me is to always drive to the pub, snooker club and members club and to cut off all relations with my pal Ali who owns the indian and my mates russell & deniz the kebab men!

What also doesn't help is that the boys at work go to the chuck wagon every lunchtime.

Its bloody annoying as my bro's are both walking dustbins, they live on crap and don't put on an ounce, I only have to look at a donut and I put on a pound.

Gasp

Head Pro
Visit site
In a complete disregard for machismo I've changed my beloved peroni lager for a spritzer... Even the wife takes the piss, but it's just what I have to do because giving up alcohol altogether is out of the question.

B

birdieman

Crikey, there are some big lads on here, makes me feel skinny at 13st 6lbs! This time last year I got rid of 10 lbs via a rowing machine, good investment as it burns more calories than just about anything else plus you can watch tv whilst rowing and you dont get injury inducing jarring of joints or run over as you might with running.
Madandra I see why you've just moved to stiff flex clubs, 16.5 st should generate much power. I'm afraid I have gome the other way, played stiffs for years but have gone regular. To be honest I think I'm borderline between the 2 but regs are getting me out further for less effort, don't feel I'm losing much control either.
Good luck with the slimming fellas, I need to shift about 8 or 10 lbs again and I'd be happy with that.

medwayjon

Tour Winner
Crikey, there are some big lads on here, makes me feel skinny at 13st 6lbs!

Thanks for putting it in such a nice way, makes a change from being called a fat (insert own expletive of choice) all the time!

My response is always that "yes I may be fat but I can go on a diet and change that, you however, without spending £000's on cosmetic surgery are stuck with that ugly mug for ever!"

Tends to shut them up.

MikeH

Content Director
Staff member
Visit site
quality idea - I'm in for this

I am very big boned (aren't all fatties) but need to shift more than a bit of the 19st I weighed in at on 1st January

Haven't had a go on the scales this week (they're still groaning from last week) but can feel no drinking for a week and a bit of self discipline so will have a pop tomorrow AM and report back

Boabski

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
so this forum is for the big boys then, well thats good cos i fit the bill also, i could be doing with loosing a (big) bit too. trouble wih me is motovation,after working all day if its not going to play golf i struggle to get off my fat a##e to do exercise

HTL

Tour Winner
Visit site
Ok im in!
Two years ago I weighed 14 stone with a 30 inch waist and 46 inch chest, today im 15 1/2 stone with a 36 waist and 42 chest!
Since I finished Uni all my time is spent working and then coming home to a few beers or bottle of wine with the Mrs, at most I will hit 100 balls at the driving range!, I have got no excuse seeing as the flat I live in has a gym a few floors below.

Ok so a weigh every Wednesday, anything else?

Here is a quote that I use to use when training or trying to do something "Laziness is the natural assassin of talent and opportunity"