Forum Members Work Skills

tugglesf239

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Head of IT for a very recognisable eCommerce company based out the northwest of England.

Before that i was a Royal Navy Rating who lived the dream at tax payers expense for a decade.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
I've got around 25 years experience around Quality systems development, Quality management, statistical analysis, process improvement, industrialisation etc. in the medical device industry. It pays the bills but I'm getting bored (like many 40 somethings) and am planning a career change at some point so do something 'outdoorsy' once Chucker' minor is settled in the world.

rosecott

Money List Winner
Visit site
Retired from RAF as a Statistical Analyst at age 47, second career in a residential EFL/education/conference centre, 18 years as an unpaid/unloved Golf Club Secretary. I reckon I could blag my way into most situations. Available - but for not much longer.

louise_a

Money List Winner
Visit site
I was an IT manager although in reality mostly a bespoke systems designer and programmer, I still keep an eye open for AS400 legacy work, just putting it out there on the off chance!

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm not sure my skills would be of any use to any other forum member. I'm a self employed geophsicist and client rep working in offshore renewables. Used to do a lot in oil and gas before the industry tanked. But if you are looking to build and offshore windfarm then I'm your man.

ScienceBoy

Money List Winner
Visit site
Very similar to Spearchucker, same skills but different industries. I've been in Scientific research, manufacturing and IT.

I have 5 years experience as an analytical chemist but got into building quality management systems for a management consultant.

Now I work in quality assurance in IT, basically building and administrator QMS stuff and compliance.

Not bored of it at all yet, I love building QMS stuff.

I've done my fair bit of QC but I like QA stuff more.

Spearchucker and I should have a beer sometime and compare notes.

Spear-Chucker

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Very similar to Spearchucker, same skills but different industries. I've been in Scientific research, manufacturing and IT.

I have 5 years experience as an analytical chemist but got into building quality management systems for a management consultant.

Now I work in quality assurance in IT, basically building and administrator QMS stuff and compliance.

Not bored of it at all yet, I love building QMS stuff.

I've done my fair bit of QC but I like QA stuff more.

Spearchucker and I should have a beer sometime and compare notes.

:thup: Better still, hit some shots!

ADB

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'm a director at a Catering and FM consultancy - we undertake strategic review, run tenders and monitor soft and hard services for clients in all sectors. We also design commercial kitchens and restaurants.

Don't come to me if your club's all-day-breakfast is crap though!