The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Work is mental atm and I have had like no time to post in here in ages but 2 things quickly:

Massive game for the claret and blue tonight, need a statement win to take to the away leg next week, we win tonight and the dream is alive. Buzzing for another night under the lights at Villa park!

Big week for Villa in the league too, a few results falling in our favour and 4th could soon be wrapped up too, still wont care if we finish 5th so long as we win the ECL though.....

UP

THE

VILLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Swango1980

Visit site
And the subject of the comments last night was Sancho…🙄
Nope, read them again.

Brian's initiial comment was absolutely about Sancho. The following comments, it is pretty clear what the subject of the comments were, and it wasn't Sancho.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bothered by it. Nor do I really disagree with anything that was really said. And, given that all media platforms seem to be very much the same (social and mainstream), where Man Utd get a hell of a lot of attention, more than they deserve, it is not surprising either. Probably part of the problem for players like Sancho, where you get almost constant attention as a high profile player at Man Utd (and 1 or 2 other clubs). Brilliant when the club does well, but it can all go pear shaped when things don't go well and the knives come out, every day. That's when you find out about the character of the player. Can they stand up to adversity and become a better player, or do they look to blame others for their criticism? I suspect that is the area Sancho struggles in (guesswork, obviously, as I don't know the guy), and there are probably quite a number at Man Utd who are the same.

Swango1980

Visit site
Work is mental atm and I have had like no time to post in here in ages but 2 things quickly:

Massive game for the claret and blue tonight, need a statement win to take to the away leg next week, we win tonight and the dream is alive. Buzzing for another night under the lights at Villa park!

Big week for Villa in the league too, a few results falling in our favour and 4th could soon be wrapped up too, still wont care if we finish 5th so long as we win the ECL though.....

UP

THE

VILLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
Excited?

When was the last season you were equally buzzing?

PaulMdj

Visit site
Nope, read them again.

Brian's initiial comment was absolutely about Sancho. The following comments, it is pretty clear what the subject of the comments were, and it wasn't Sancho.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not bothered by it. Nor do I really disagree with anything that was really said. And, given that all media platforms seem to be very much the same (social and mainstream), where Man Utd get a hell of a lot of attention, more than they deserve, it is not surprising either. Probably part of the problem for players like Sancho, where you get almost constant attention as a high profile player at Man Utd (and 1 or 2 other clubs). Brilliant when the club does well, but it can all go pear shaped when things don't go well and the knives come out, every day. That's when you find out about the character of the player. Can they stand up to adversity and become a better player, or do they look to blame others for their criticism? I suspect that is the area Sancho struggles in (guesswork, obviously, as I don't know the guy), and there are probably quite a number at Man Utd who are the same.
Rubbish! 5 posts before your comment last night! 4 mentioned or quoted the original Sancho post!

Then you go on about Sancho! Why not make that reply last night and add to the discussion!🙄

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Those figures are largely tosh. Most are way too high, did Trump value them?, but if they want to sell Wan-Bissaka for £10m to Everton then we will take him 😄

Join the queue. If he was available that cheap anyone outside the top 6 would be interested

No way is Antony worth more than 40 million

And Holjand is not worth 90

Swango1980

Visit site
Some strange numbers.

If someone wants to pay £46 million for McTomminay, please come forward. That's more money than they value Mainoo, who is 8 years younger and got 2 years more left on his contract than McTomminay.

Some surprisingly low values as well, which sound like right bargains if the medical goes well. £25 million for 26 yr old Martinez, £25 million for 25 yr old Mount and £18 million for 28yr old Shaw. Even £14 million for Maguire seems like a right bargain for some clubs to be tempted.