The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

larmen

Head Pro
Visit site
Hasnt Modric signed a years extension at reduced wages?
I thought in Spain they are not allowed to lower wages? In my mind that is why Barcelona had no choice but to let Messi go because on same he would have blown the salary cap, and lower was against Spanish labour laws.

4LEX

Visit site
I thought in Spain they are not allowed to lower wages? In my mind that is why Barcelona had no choice but to let Messi go because on same he would have blown the salary cap, and lower was against Spanish labour laws.

I think the rule is you can't lower them by a certain amount - might be wrong. Barcelona were trying to cook the books and offer him peppercorn wages, which were about 90% under his market value.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
As you all well know by now I'm a STH at Villa and go to all home and most away games.

In the 7+ years of being a STH, I've never been as annoyed with the clubs management as I am now - not the footballing side I might add...

Villa park is going through some upgrades this summer, installing a lot of safe standing across villa park and also adding 1300 new prawn sandwich offerings too - this is great!

What's not great is that zero of this was communicated before the end of last season, they've basically emailed 500+ STH's and said - you've lost your seat and were relocating you to this place (without a choice) or you can choose what's leftover.

In the Holte End (where I sit/ stand) they've added more seats to each row somehow which has left me and all my mates split up across the stand when previously we've ben a few seats apart. Just no logic gone into it at all, emails from the club say they'll put you in as similar a seat as possible and yet some of the lads are now miles away....

Its a real dampener, if they'd at least have communicated this before the end of the season I could have said goodbye to the people around me who I chat to every game, now I may not ever see them again! I'm all for improvements at Villa Park but this is just annoying fans left right and centre.

Anyway - Up the Villa, Up the Champions League and Up the Unai Emery

Bring on the transfer window

GB72

Money List Winner
Visit site
Comes with a tidy redundancy payment though ;).

Interesting appointment, fairly new to the gig still. Also leaves Leicester looking for someone pretty quickly as well. Nice job there to slide into for someone.

Not sure about that, we have a whole points deduction issue and being pretty skint for any new manager to deal with.

road2ruin

Q-School Graduate
Visit site
Comes with a tidy redundancy payment though ;).

Interesting appointment, fairly new to the gig still. Also leaves Leicester looking for someone pretty quickly as well. Nice job there to slide into for someone.

Great job for him, decent salary, 12-18 months work and then a big payoff when they fire him.