The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Eze done ok but he needs to stay wider so we can get the ball to him.

The only way around a bus is the wide men just hasn’t happened.

Hesitation then a square or backward pass just not working.
Watkins just had no service.

Playing teams like this before a major comp when we know they will just park the bus dosnt make sense to me.
It’s very quiet as well.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site

Playing teams like this before a major comp when we know they will just park the bus dosnt make sense to me.
It’s very quiet as well.
Yep...just needs more sharpness and urgency. Not many have made a case to be on the plane....maybe airport baggage handlers, but not on the plane.

PaulMdj

Visit site

It’s very quiet as well.
He’s got the Squad together, a few of the first XI aren’t yet with the sqd.

Ideal opportunity to play lesser opponents and have look at lesser opponents who are similar to those we’ll face in the group.

Nobody plays teams they are likely to be up against in tournaments.

He’ll get a far better idea about the players at this level than watching them in the PL or on the trg pitch.

4LEX

Visit site
Some changes needed as the team is unbalanced but let's be honest it's a warm up game to give squad players minutes. Eze and Palmer have looked lively in parts.

Need to get Toney on and mix things up a bit.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Hopefully Gareth has learnt something from tonight, the XI that started the match probably only contained 2-3 of his first choice XI, not their fault, virtually 11 strangers on the pitch and definitely a few players who can back up the main XI.

I’d have TAA in my starting XI, but not in central midfield.

Don’t really understand giving Pickford 90 minutes, ideal opportunity to give another keeper a few minutes, or even to have started one of them.

Be interesting to see if he puts out as many as he can from his first choice on friday.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He’s got the Squad together, a few of the first XI aren’t yet with the sqd.

Ideal opportunity to play lesser opponents and have look at lesser opponents who are similar to those we’ll face in the group.

Nobody plays teams they are likely to be up against in tournaments.

He’ll get a far better idea about the players at this level than watching them in the PL or on the trg pitch.
Well I think he learned nothing in the first half.

I would question that the level is the same as the PL ( that goes for the ref as well) 😳

PaulMdj

Visit site
Well I think he learned nothing in the first half.

I would question that the level is the same as the PL ( that goes for the ref as well) 😳
It maybe a similar level to the PL, in your view, but those guys don’t all play for one team, so need time to adjust/get to know each other.

And learning nothing, must mean he learnt something.🤷‍♂️

4LEX

Visit site
TAA is never a CM in a million years, cracking finish from his favourite position though.

Would like to think the next game will be the strongest sides minus Bellingham.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Workmanlike performance to get a result but this is hardly top quality opposition. Not sure what Southgate got out of it aside seeing a few fringe players in action to trim the final squad. Not sure what he thinks his first XI at the moment but lets start positive at the beginning of the Euro's and see where we go

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
Workmanlike performance to get a result but this is hardly top quality opposition. Not sure what Southgate got out of it aside seeing a few fringe players in action to trim the final squad. Not sure what he thinks his first XI at the moment but lets start positive at the beginning of the Euro's and see where we go

Isn’t that exactly what these friendlies are for?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
A bit more positivity from you Homer 😉
I'm sure Southgate knows exactly what he's doing.

Come on England! 👍

PaulMdj

Visit site
I look forward to you blaming Liverpool and even Klopp for this.
Standard Charter started sponsoring yous around 2010 and have twice in that period been sanctioned for their poor handling of terrorist and Iranian money laundering.

Below is an article from 2019:

So please explain why Lpool as a Club can claim ignorance and have infact extended the shirt contract?

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Liverpool sponsors

I’m as far from a Liverpool fan as you can get. But, Standard Charter are huge and have a huge amount of high profile customers , including some of the largest companies in the world. You can’t blame Liverpool for accepting sponsorship from them. It’s probably a completely different entity/division of SC that deals with LFC compared to those in the article.

Football authorities should get its own house in order and look at things like FIFA World Cup bribes (Qatar, South Africa, Russiia) if we’re looking at corruption and bribery