The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
There seems to be a lot less holding at corners than there is in the Premier League. I haven't seen much of the CL this season but is that something that has been clamped down on?

RichA

Visit site
Must be the odd one out - I found it quite a dull, hard watch. Was maybe a bit too desperate for the English lads to have good games.
Always amazes me how many top European footballers only have one good foot. It was almost like watching hockey at times - the amount of awkward rotation to keep the ball on their favoured side.

4LEX

Visit site
Dortmund were excellent in the first half, had 3 great chances and muffed them all. You can't get away with that against most top sides, let alone Real Madrid.

Once Real got a grip it was men against boys for the last 30 minutes. A shame Bellingham didn't take his chance but what a season he's had. Getting 20 plus goals and winning the double. Meanwhile I hear Harry Kane is trying to force through a move to Celtic in one final desperate attempt to pick up any form of silverwear :whistle:

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
I don’t know why but I thought that Madrid would edge it. They have had that ability a few times this season to be the second best and Nick it. They did it again in the final. The ref did my head in in the first half. He got to involved at times with challenges that were nowhere near fouls. For a final it wasn’t a bad affair. They can be quite dull. Dortmund can hold there heads high. They are not the first team to be the better team and come away with nothing.
There’s a few leaving Madrid after tonight. Be interesting to see Mbappe In That team next year.

4LEX

Visit site
I don’t know why but I thought that Madrid would edge it. They have had that ability a few times this season to be the second best and Nick it. They did it again in the final. The ref did my head in in the first half. He got to involved at times with challenges that were nowhere near fouls. For a final it wasn’t a bad affair. They can be quite dull. Dortmund can hold there heads high. They are not the first team to be the better team and come away with nothing.
There’s a few leaving Madrid after tonight. Be interesting to see Mbappe In That team next year.

Definitely had an end of an era feel about it tonight. Kroos and Modric are two of the absolute best midfielders in history, criminally underrated.

Real also have that wonderkid Endrick coming in too. Real will have more firepower next season and will probably drop Bellingham into a deeper role, which could be good for England. VJ was class tonight, one of the few Real players who turned up.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Definitely had an end of an era feel about it tonight. Kroos and Modric are two of the absolute best midfielders in history, criminally underrated.

Real also have that wonderkid Endrick coming in too. Real will have more firepower next season and will probably drop Bellingham into a deeper role, which could be good for England. VJ was class tonight, one of the few Real players who turned up.
How do you replace Kronos and Modric. Am gobsmacked at least one is not stopping to help a replacement slot in. Bit like KDB is helping Foden.
Read a good piece the other day about Ancelottis son. Apparently he has been very instrumental in helping with tactics etc at Madrid.He is very highly thought of.

4LEX

Visit site
How do you replace Kronos and Modric. Am gobsmacked at least one is not stopping to help a replacement slot in. Bit like KDB is helping Foden.
Read a good piece the other day about Ancelottis son. Apparently he has been very instrumental in helping with tactics etc at Madrid.He is very highly thought of.

They've tried to phase them out gradually as they rarely both start these days but Kroos will be a huge loss. Modric has signed a one year deal I think.

Carlo has always relied on his coaches to do the coaching, similar to Sir Alex.