The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Looks like Man City don’t like losing - now accusations towards Klopp of him being Xenophobic and racist as well as inciting the crowds. Guess they never watching their own manager then

Swango1980

Visit site
Looks like Man City don’t like losing - now accusations towards Klopp of him being Xenophobic and racist as well as inciting the crowds. Guess they never watching their own manager then
Who likes losing?

However, your post suggests Man City have accused him of being xenophobic? In fairness, I have only read the BBC report. But, all it says were than senior Man City officials were unhappy with his comments. A journalist has obviously asked him if his comments were "borderline xenophobic", but I can't read anything that says Man City said this, and the journalist was simply repeating this accusation?

I suspect had Pep been sent off, and City fans had thrown objects at Klopp, you'd have been all over that :) . I'm sure nobody seriously thinks Klopp is xenophobic, and it is just the sort of rubbish that makes headlines for the media. He has become a bit of a prat though, in my opinion at least.

Paperboy

Mini Cam
Visit site
Who likes losing?

However, your post suggests Man City have accused him of being xenophobic? In fairness, I have only read the BBC report. But, all it says were than senior Man City officials were unhappy with his comments. A journalist has obviously asked him if his comments were "borderline xenophobic", but I can't read anything that says Man City said this, and the journalist was simply repeating this accusation?

I suspect had Pep been sent off, and City fans had thrown objects at Klopp, you'd have been all over that :) . I'm sure nobody seriously thinks Klopp is xenophobic, and it is just the sort of rubbish that makes headlines for the media. He has become a bit of a prat though, in my opinion at least.

To be fair to Phil, he called out the fans for this earlier in this thread somewhere. I don't always agree with Phil on what he posts, but think the bold part is a little unfair.

D

Deleted member 15344

Who likes losing?

Maybe worth having a read back through what I posted about the actions that day

Also so far Liverpool have condemned any action made by the fans and looking to ban anyone caught

Man City it seems don’t appear to want to condemn the actions of their fans that day

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/f...ists-NO-xenophobe-Manchester-Citys-claim.html

Liverpool have been exploring all legal avenues since Monday after an anonymous briefing from City alleged that Klopp saying his side could not compete with the champions’ spending had heightened tensions before the game.

City doubled down on their stance after the 1-0 loss at Anfield and put out the message that Klopp’s assertion ‘there are three clubs in world football who can do what they like financially’ — believed to be City, Paris Saint-Germain and Newcastle — was prejudiced.”

I’m sure City at some stage will stop trying to point the finger of full blame at others and look at the actions of their owns fan for once and also their own managers antics on the sideline

Swango1980

Visit site
To be fair to Phil, he called out the fans for this earlier in this thread somewhere. I don't always agree with Phil on what he posts, but think the bold part is a little unfair.
I'm not sure, as I did use the "all over that" at the end to indicate he would have made a much bigger deal of it, in my opinion. If some Liverpool fans were throwing objects at people on the pitch, then it would be difficult to completely ignore it (when you are a person that has a view on everything else). So, it is easy enough to put out a generic comment to say it was wrong.

If City officials came out and made a big deal about this xenophobia accusation, then fair enough, it becomes a talking point. But, it seems like a non-story at this point, and xenophobia is a buzz word that has been picked up because of how a journalist asked the question. Even if the term xenophobia was anomalously made by a high ranking official within Man City, it still does not indicate that this is what "Man City" as a club believe. It would simply be down to a poorly worded, misguided or off guard comment from an individual within the club.

Mind you, perhaps we will see the Liverpool Players all wear T-Shirts in support of Jurgen Klopp for their next fixture :)

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
What was this in relation to? I was watching the game last night but had to multi-task putting the lad to bed, so was dipping in and out.

How long you got lol, take it in turns to be "injured", take forever on throws, goal kicks, substitutions etc delay Brighton restarting the game quickly, all completely unmanaged by the ref

Sadly it gets classed as "managing the game" these days

RichA

Visit site
What was this in relation to? I was watching the game last night but had to multi-task putting the lad to bed, so was dipping in and out.
I didn't see last night's match either. Only after it finished, thankfully, did I realise it had been shown on Amazon Prime.
I'm just referring to the same stuff as Fundy, which we've been doing excessively for a couple of years now. I know everyone does it, but it irritates me most when it's my own team and I think we're among the worst. Fortunately, I don't think there'll be too many matches this season when we're running down the clock to secure points.

Aztecs27

Money List Winner
Visit site
How long you got lol, take it in turns to be "injured", take forever on throws, goal kicks, substitutions etc delay Brighton restarting the game quickly, all completely unmanaged by the ref

Sadly it gets classed as "managing the game" these days

I didn't notice it too badly last night - I thought we'd got better since Samba left - he was the king of that; you'd have thrown your remote at the TV if he was between the sticks.

I didn't see last night's match either. Only after it finished, thankfully, did I realise it had been shown on Amazon Prime.
I'm just referring to the same stuff as Fundy, which we've been doing excessively for a couple of years now. I know everyone does it, but it irritates me most when it's my own team and I think we're among the worst. Fortunately, I don't think there'll be too many matches this season when we're running down the clock to secure points.

It wasn't ugly, but 2 goals conceded (and only one from open play) in the last 3 games has to be a positive. We seem to have a much better shape defensively and everyone knows what they're doing, making us hard to score against. Seems like that's been the focus in training since the Leicester game, and the attacking tactics will follow - and in the meantime we just have to hope we nick a few chances. Not ideal, but short term, it's required. On the plus side, Wozza got a short run out last night, and Biancone FINALLY got a few minutes in his legs and looked half decent (first touch aside!) down the right with plenty of pace. Get him in the starting 11 on Saturday with Aurier on the left (if he can play there) and I think it might give us a chance defensively as well as a few options going forward. Mangala close to getting back to full fitness too as he had 65 minutes last night...hopefully the start of things settling down and building into a team that can get a few points!

D

Deleted member 15344

I think Eddie Howe has it about right on this subject ?

The same Eddie Howe who is now in charge of a club that has unlimited funding and has started the spending spree but says there is a ceiling

The same club who’s sporting though did declare there is no ceiling and the same club have broken their transfer record and also £240mil since they arrived ( without selling anyone ) ?

D

Deleted member 15344

You’re being ironic?
Not at all ?‍♂️

Have City condemned the actions of their fans yet ? Anything of the damage in the stadium they caused ? Anything about the chants from their fans ?

And is Pep not also very animated on sideline and was he also not looking to wind up the ground as well ?‍♂️

Beezerk

Money List Winner
Visit site
The same Eddie Howe who is now in charge of a club that has unlimited funding and has started the spending spree but says there is a ceiling

The same club who’s sporting though did declare there is no ceiling and the same club have broken their transfer record and also £240mil since they arrived ( without selling anyone ) ?

You’re just sounding like a really bitter fan now who’s on a wild rant.

D

Deleted member 15344

You’re just sounding like a really bitter fan now who’s on a wild rant.

No ranting and bitter about what ?

It’s all perfect example of what Klopp was saying last week - there are clubs that have a different operating model and can finance in different ways without having to worry about balancing books etc - he didn’t say anything that others have said before. We all know that FFP doesn’t work , and that UEFA can’t enforce the rules in the manner that some expect them to.