The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/63281933

An interesting piece about ref abuse. A number of youth and amateur games were boycotted over the weekend due to ref abuse, there was some good stuff on the radio about it. It starts at the top, people copy.

years ago I did ref training, the abuse was awful. they said in training the FA want you to stamp out swearing in the game.. they think from the bottom up it will flow.. then the instructor turned round and said which we all know is rubbish.. you need someone like rooney sent off for it in a big game and then it will stop at all levels.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site

An interesting piece about ref abuse. A number of youth and amateur games were boycotted over the weekend due to ref abuse, there was some good stuff on the radio about it. It starts at the top, people copy.

It’s a big topic at the minute and something I have to deal with regularly on behalf of some young referees.

The only football I saw on TV this weekend was the last 10 minutes of Liverpool v Man City.

Personally, I would like to see Klop made an example of with a heavy punishment for his reaction that led to his sending off.

Swango1980

Visit site
It’s a big topic at the minute and something I have to deal with regularly on behalf of some young referees.

The only football I saw on TV this weekend was the last 10 minutes of Liverpool v Man City.

Personally, I would like to see Klop made an example of with a heavy punishment for his reaction that led to his sending off.
I read the article on the BBC last week.

I feel it is ironic that a report comes out and says The Merseyside Youth Football League had cancelled all its fixtures for the weekend in protest at "multiple incidents of inappropriate and threatening behaviour" towards officials. Then, that weekend Klopp gets a red card for abusing a referee.

I've grown tired of Klopp, and starting to think he is a bit of a disgrace. He is all smiley and charismatic when his team do well, but an absolute whinge (more than the usual I've come to expect) when he isn't.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

That guy who got assaulted up North I believe when I heard what had happened I was shocked.
He sounded so genuine and had a passion for the game.
I coach U16 boys and we hardly get a qualified ref for our games.
The rare time we get one( this week) he doesn’t turn up.
It’s a sad state of affairs tbh.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
After watching the game you have to hand it to Liverpool.
After some very abject performances they certainly turned it around quick.
The game itself probably a draw would have been a fair result.
However the real Liverpool turned up and I thought Salah put in his best performance for over 5 years ?
Certainly looked better when going through the middle.
One thing I did see once again is the world class Phil Foden.
His touch,balance and awareness is top drawer.

Swango1980

Visit site
However the real Liverpool turned up and I thought Salah put in his best performance for over 5 years ?
Yes, Foden is quality. Few messages going back and forth on one of my whatsapp groups during the game, and one comment from a mate is "Foden is literally pure silk"

I think he has a good chance of making a few appearances off the bench in the World Cup. Southgate might even bring him off the bench in the 119th minute to take a penalty.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Yes, Foden is quality. Few messages going back and forth on one of my whatsapp groups during the game, and one comment from a mate is "Foden is literally pure silk"

I think he has a good chance of making a few appearances off the bench in the World Cup. Southgate might even bring him off the bench in the 119th minute to take a penalty.

I have to agree, Foden for city is absolutely incredible.

He wasn't as good for England last summer as he is at city every week, I think mostly down to the team and system around him, but I am very excited to see Foden another 18 months on at a major tournament.

Swango1980

Visit site
Any Leicester City fans in here?

I'd be interested to know what is going on with Vardy? Not fully fit, too old, not good enough or fall out with manager?

I picked him in my Draft fantasy football team. If I drop him, I'll only have left over strikers to choose from, who no one else has. That is fair enough, as there should be plenty available picking up more points than Vardy. Problem is, if I do that then undoubtedly Vardy will probably start playing every game, and go on an all time record scoring spree.

So, is Vardy done, or do Leicester fans think he'll get a run in the starting line up anytime soon?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Any Leicester City fans in here?

I'd be interested to know what is going on with Vardy? Not fully fit, too old, not good enough or fall out with manager?

I picked him in my Draft fantasy football team. If I drop him, I'll only have left over strikers to choose from, who no one else has. That is fair enough, as there should be plenty available picking up more points than Vardy. Problem is, if I do that then undoubtedly Vardy will probably start playing every game, and go on an all time record scoring spree.

So, is Vardy done, or do Leicester fans think he'll get a run in the starting line up anytime soon?

Prob struggling to keep up with the self inflicted storm his idiot wife has landed at their door.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Cole palmer could be as good as Foden. ?

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Anybody watching the game at Brighton on Amazon Prime, how do you get rid of the caption at bottom left of screen?
Audio and languages.

Swango1980

Visit site
Anybody watching the game at Brighton on Amazon Prime, how do you get rid of the caption at bottom left of screen?
Audio and languages.
I don't get that caption, so mine must be automatically turned off. Therefore, no idea how to get rid if it was there. Just mess about with your controller, I'm sure you'll find the setting eventually.

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
Audio and languages.

It appeared when we first turned on but then disappeared. Perhaps try pressing the return or enter button on the remote?