The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Did you see the foul on Silva by Salah before Silva on Salah? 50-50. Just get on with it.

The one where Carvalho rolled around then got told to get up and was fine? Both sides left bits in all game, but good to see the ref playing on and made it a better watch.

As a neutral, ref was fine. This isn't a non contact sport and it was a better game than it should have been.

Refs shouldn't be ignoring the laws of the game just to keep the flow of the game going for the nuetrals/tellyclappers.

There was many today for/against both teams where a foul shouldve been given and play was waved on.

Taylor was poor today.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
Refs shouldn't be ignoring the laws of the game just to keep the flow of the game going for the nuetrals/tellyclappers.

There was many today for/against both teams where a foul shouldve been given and play was waved on.

Taylor was poor today.

You didn't need to bother with today in that sentence.

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Disgusting chants about Hillsborough again

Never understand why small minded pond life think it’s ok to chant it

Also hope that the talk of coins thrown at Pep isn’t true - that disgraceful if it is

One day football crowds will grow up

Unfortunately as it appears the vast majority of people who attend Premier League football matches are knuckle dragging neanderthals. Nothing will change.

Piece

Tour Winner
Visit site

Taylor was poor today.

Fair enough but I'd argue by keeping the game flowing helped Liverpool's style more than City's.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
I suspect most neutrals, including pundits watching the game, thoroughly enjoyed the game being allowed to flow. No ref will get all decisions right, certainly not when a game is played at that pace, with players that gifted with close control and who will frankly cheat if they get the opportunity to win a foul. I'd rather reffing like that than constant whistles and fouls. Taylor got most things right, if the players and teams are unhappy about the odd decision then they need to look at themselves as much as the ref.

D

Deleted member 1740

Fair enough but I'd argue by keeping the game flowing helped Liverpool's style more than City's.

I'm all for keeping the game flowing and not blowing up every 30 secs like the refs used to after any sort of contact.

I do expect a professional Ref to follow the Laws of The Game and give fouls when they're due though.

He played advantage on seperate occassions yesterday where the was none and both teams lost possession.

This season we have seen a lot less feigning injury and play not stopping for very little contact and that has been refreshing but fouls are still happening and are being allowed to play on, just like the Haaland/Fabinho one.

Blue in Munich

Crocked Professional Yeti Impersonator
Visit site
I suspect most neutrals, including pundits watching the game, thoroughly enjoyed the game being allowed to flow. No ref will get all decisions right, certainly not when a game is played at that pace, with players that gifted with close control and who will frankly cheat if they get the opportunity to win a foul. I'd rather reffing like that than constant whistles and fouls. Taylor got most things right, if the players and teams are unhappy about the odd decision then they need to look at themselves as much as the ref.

Sorry, but when Sky roll out Carragher and Redknapp for every Liverpool game, I don't think you can use neutral & pundit in the same sentence. ;)

D

Deleted member 1740

Really??

Send me your email address and i'll give you the voucher for a free specsavers eye test i got from my last visit?

I'm all for games to flow but when there's a foul, it has to be given. I've seen this in as many non Liverpool games this season too.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Really??

Send me your email address and i'll give you the voucher for a free specsavers eye test i got from my last visit?

I'm all for games to flow but when there's a foul, it has to be given. I've seen this in as many non Liverpool games this season too.
:cool: I don't know what you mean :LOL:

I think the tricky part is when advantage is given but the team don't use it and lose the ball shortly after. That riles fans but unless football plays advantage in the way rugby does, ie for an age, that is part of what happens. perhaps that is the price to pay for letting the game flow more?

I'm not excusing bad decisions but he really did okay, as a neutral, yesterday.

D

Deleted member 1740

:cool: I don't know what you mean :LOL:

I think the tricky part is when advantage is given but the team don't use it and lose the ball shortly after. That riles fans but unless football plays advantage in the way rugby does, ie for an age, that is part of what happens. perhaps that is the price to pay for letting the game flow more?

I'm not excusing bad decisions but he really did okay, as a neutral, yesterday.

How many times have you seen advantage given, then brought back when actually there was no advantage? That happened to BOTH sides yesterday but hey ho at least the game flowed.

We shouldnt be seeing teams "paying a price" for letting the game flow more.

I said previously in this thread that refs have gone the other way to the extreme from blowing up for every slight touch to letting players wrestle each other.

It wouldnt take much to rebalance it

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
How many times have you seen advantage given, then brought back when actually there was no advantage? That happened to BOTH sides yesterday but hey ho at least the game flowed.

We shouldnt be seeing teams "paying a price" for letting the game flow more.

I said previously in this thread that refs have gone the other way to the extreme from blowing up for every slight touch to letting players wrestle each other.

It wouldnt take much to rebalance it
And hopefully it will be re-balanced, it is a fine line. With the pace the game is played at, the way players try to con the refs constantly, I have sympathy for the refs.

D

Deleted member 1740

And hopefully it will be re-balanced, it is a fine line. With the pace the game is played at, the way players try to con the refs constantly, I have sympathy for the refs.

Aye, it would be nice to see the England Captain be punished for doing it for once ?

I have little sympathy for refs as i dont think they help themselves at times, like Taylor yesterday.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Please tell me you're not trying to claim Kane has dived again now. :ROFLMAO: This is definitely getting out of hand. Pickford wiped him out! People would have you believe Kane hasn't legitimately been fouled since 2014.