The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't , Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't, Yes he is, no he isn't, yes he is, no he isn't

That should save a few of you a few posts about whether player A is better or worse than Player B

Thank me later :p

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
Well I don’t need Twitter
Twats with infinite time to entertain rubbish
I see it with my own eyes
If you need Twitter or Linekar then I’ve just puked up.

Hahaha I don't need either but stats don't lie.

I also see football with my own eyes on a very regular basis - but never had the pleasure of Messi playing in the PL so clips it has to be!

D

Deleted member 1740

This morning I've clearly chosen violence as I'm sending a link from the Sun to a Liverpool fan :ROFLMAO: - But the stats are there to see.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18066115/liverpool-trent-alexander-arnold-england-defensive-stats/

He's a bad defender. If you want him in the England side (which I also do) he needs to change position.

He's also had no assists yet so far this season so overall just in a bad run of form generally I think.

I'd rather *** in my hands and clap than click on that link.

I dont want TAA nowhere near the England team. I think his current form is below his usual standard at the minute and i think not going the world cup will only benefit us.

D

Deleted member 15344

This morning I've clearly chosen violence as I'm sending a link from the Sun to a Liverpool fan :ROFLMAO: - But the stats are there to see.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18066115/liverpool-trent-alexander-arnold-england-defensive-stats/

He's a bad defender. If you want him in the England side (which I also do) he needs to change position.

He's also had no assists yet so far this season so overall just in a bad run of form generally I think.

why would you even think someone would use them

here are some others

https://one-versus-one.com/en/players/Trent-Alexander-Arnold

https://www.empireofthekop.com/2022...nglish-right-backs-in-the-premier-league/amp/

https://www.liverpool.com/liverpool...alexander-arnold-liverpool-klopp-25069039.amp

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site

I understand why some won't click on the link given it's source but at least you acknowledge that in passing at least. Funny others ignore it because it doesn't fit an agenda and so has to find anything to offer an alternative. So tiring when people can't accept an alternative point of view on ANY subject and that perhaps others have points of merit. Think in this case you're flogging a dead horse

4LEX

Visit site
Really entertaining game, especially the second half. Thought we dominated the whole match and if Sterling was in form we would've been 2-0 up at half time. Defensively it was a car crash but midfield and attack wise we looked a top side.

I think Foden has no place in the side, he just unbalances the midfield and lacks pace. Too many sideways passes and not suited to the system. Not a huge Saka fan but you can see the difference pace makes and he looked good when he came on.

My World Cup side if everyones fully fit....

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Dier
Shaw

Rice
Phillips

Saka
Bellingham
Sterling

Kane

That would be it for the group games or against weaker sides. Lots of question marks over the defence which is a huge weak link. If Southgate goes 352 then you've got to have TAA as I don't think you can trust Jame's crossing these days. It's gone downhill and he rarely beats the first man.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Watching the U21's against Germany

Folarin Balogun looks like some talent...a real handful, fast, good movement and knows where the goal is (5 goals in 6 games at Reims, 7 in 13 now for the U21's).

I guess though that his movement is enough however to ensure he wont play for the full England team any time soon as it goes against their identity. Likewise, Harvey Elliott and Connor Gallagher appear to be too positive and forward thinking to have a chance of fitting into Southgates plans.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Watching the U21's against Germany

Folarin Balogun looks like some talent...a real handful, fast, good movement and knows where the goal is (5 goals in 6 games at Reims, 7 in 13 now for the U21's).

I guess though that his movement is enough however to ensure he wont play for the full England team any time soon as it goes against their identity. Likewise, Harvey Elliott and Connor Gallagher appear to be too positive and forward thinking to have a chance of fitting into Southgates plans.

Balogun wasnt physically strong enough to compete in the championship for Boro end of last season and behind Nketiah in the Arsenal pecking order (who also scored hatfuls at U21 for England). Long long way from full England recognition, albeit highly talented (and thought of at Arsenal)

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Really entertaining game, especially the second half. Thought we dominated the whole match and if Sterling was in form we would've been 2-0 up at half time. Defensively it was a car crash but midfield and attack wise we looked a top side.

I think Foden has no place in the side, he just unbalances the midfield and lacks pace. Too many sideways passes and not suited to the system. Not a huge Saka fan but you can see the difference pace makes and he looked good when he came on.

My World Cup side if everyones fully fit....

Pickford

Walker
Stones
Dier
Shaw

Rice
Phillips

Saka
Bellingham
Sterling

Kane

That would be it for the group games or against weaker sides. Lots of question marks over the defence which is a huge weak link. If Southgate goes 352 then you've got to have TAA as I don't think you can trust Jame's crossing these days. It's gone downhill and he rarely beats the first man.
Finally some positive thoughts on England's performance. ?
Agree with what you say, it's not all doom and gloom.

D

Deleted member 1740

Southgate on Maguire - "Why do we pick him? Because he’s one of the players who gives us the best chance of winning. So really we should all be wanting a Harry Maguire that’s playing regularly and playing with confidence."

????

Nurse Nurse, he's not took his medicine...

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site
Southgate on Maguire - "Why do we pick him? Because he’s one of the players who gives us the best chance of winning. So really we should all be wanting a Harry Maguire that’s playing regularly and playing with confidence."

????

Nurse Nurse, he's not took his medicine...
Deluded isn’t he.
He’s not playing he has no confidence,his club manager has no confidence in him,but Southgate plays him.
Sooner Southgate has gone the better.
He’s got to many favourites he feels are undroppable,a recipe for disaster.

D

Deleted member 1740

Deluded isn’t he.
He’s not playing he has no confidence,his club manager has no confidence in him,but Southgate plays him.
Sooner Southgate has gone the better.
He’s got to many favourites he feels are undroppable,a recipe for disaster.

Or he thinks everyone else is stupid.

Fromtherough

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Balogun wasnt physically strong enough to compete in the championship for Boro end of last season and behind Nketiah in the Arsenal pecking order (who also scored hatfuls at U21 for England). Long long way from full England recognition, albeit highly talented (and thought of at Arsenal)
Balogun looked average for a large part of his loan spell with Boro. Not one I’d particularly think will kick on to greatness.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Bit of a bump for a thread some of us have missed ?

Attachments

• 53C40295-2CE0-4AC3-9624-113D011EC4CD.jpeg
    53C40295-2CE0-4AC3-9624-113D011EC4CD.jpeg
    158.4 KB · Views: 12