The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Is that it?
I thought were coming on to congratulate Rashford and Ten Hag for winning Player and Manager of the Month awards. ;)
Even I cannot find anything funnier than that, even though TH was supposed to be a rubbish manager ?

D

Deleted member 1740

TAA has never been a great defender
Sometimes not even good
Exposed many many times
Klopps delusional comment that he was the best RB in the world,perhaps then Klopp should have went as obviously he was blinkered.
I believe he will never play consistently for England under Southgate as defending is his priority.
TAA going forward is the best since Beckham but unfortunately it’s not enough.
If they had a central defender who covered for him well it will work better,but they haven’t.

If you went the game you'd see exactly who covers for him and its certainly not a Central defender ?

It's the right sided CM who usually slots in there and fills the gap. As we're currently carrying a midfield thats not fit for purpose, he then gets exposed for being "out of position" but in the tactical plan he's not.

That game last night Trent heads it back to Gomez to retain possesion. 9 out of 10 times Gomez either plays it back to Trent and he's in the right position to restart an attack or Gomez sends it back the keeper and we restart an attack.

What i can't accept nor do i think Klopp would either is his lacklustre jog back to defend.

For 45 minutes every game Klopp sees TAA's position right in front of him. If he thought he shouldnt be were he wanted him Klopp would bollock him 100%.

@pokerjoke Here's Klopp yesterday explaining precisely what i was trying to explain a few weeks ago.

Swango1980

Visit site
@pokerjoke Here's Klopp yesterday explaining precisely what i was trying to explain a few weeks ago.

I'd hardly expect Klopp or many Liverpool fans to come out and say "TAA is a rubbish defender" . That would be an absurd thing to say, even if it was true relative to other players in the league. Despite being a poor defender, there is clearly a reason why he is in Liverpool's side, as the way they play utilises his ability to cross a ball.

Perhaps if Southgate was more adventurous, and wanted to focus on attacking football, TAA would be a viable option. But, he isn't that type of manager, and clearly doesn't fancy TAA as good a defender as some Liverpool fans think he is. Not compared to other options Southgate has anyway

D

Deleted member 1740

I'd hardly expect Klopp or many Liverpool fans to come out and say "TAA is a rubbish defender" . That would be an absurd thing to say, even if it was true relative to other players in the league. Despite being a poor defender, there is clearly a reason why he is in Liverpool's side, as the way they play utilises his ability to cross a ball.

Perhaps if Southgate was more adventurous, and wanted to focus on attacking football, TAA would be a viable option. But, he isn't that type of manager, and clearly doesn't fancy TAA as good a defender as some Liverpool fans think he is. Not compared to other options Southgate has anyway

Please stop with the hyperbolic nonesense.

Klopp has said in that interview that his defending needs improving, nobody is saying anything different.

Klopp is explaining the tactical reason why he allows TAA to be so high.

Generally fans expect him to be an out and out RB. He's not and Klopp has clarified that. Its rare managers do this.

Swango1980

Visit site

Klopp has said in that interview that his defending needs improving, nobody is saying anything different.

Generally fans expect him to be an out and out RB. He's not and Klopp has clarified that. Its rare managers do this.
Maybe if you read my very last line, you'd have been able to see the context of the highlighted statement better.

I'm not saying he is a poor defender relative to me, some amateur league defender or even a lower league defender. I'm saying he is relatively poor in comparison to other players playing for teams playing at the highest level. I think we all recognise why he plays for Liverpool, and it isn't for being a quality defender. It is primarily for attacking qualities

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Yes I can see your logic.
But TAA isn’t really a full back in the proper sense of the position.
But just maybe that’s why England havnt scored from open play for a very long spell until Tuesday.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Whilst you two are having a slapping match. The bottom line for me is this.

Who would you prefer as an England manager. Klopp or Southgate. For me hands down it is Klopp.

The very fact that Southgate cannot play him ( TAA) in the current England set up speaks volumes. Whatever that setup is?, furthermore he cannot even include him in the squad for plan B. If Southgate does have one that is. Name one player that Southgate gets more out of when he plays for England. He must be demoralising to play under. Whichever team he plays carries Southgate. Could you imagine Klopp, Pep, and half a dozen Prem managers being given the generation of players we have at our disposal at the moment.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Whilst you two are having a slapping match. The bottom line for me is this.

Who would you prefer as an England manager. Klopp or Southgate. For me hands down it is Klopp.

The very fact that Southgate cannot play him ( TAA) in the current England set up speaks volumes. Whatever that setup is?, furthermore he cannot even include him in the squad for plan B. If Southgate does have one that is. Name one player that Southgate gets more out of when he plays for England. He must be demoralising to play under. Whichever team he plays carries Southgate. Could you imagine Klopp, Pep, and half a dozen Prem managers being given the generation of players we have at our disposal at the moment.
I can name one!
Maguire as TH dosnt play him.

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Why did Klopp call him the best RB in the world then?

pokerjoke

Money List Winner
Visit site

Yes I saw the interview Stu,however I don’t believe a word he says.
TAA the best RB in the world
Origi is world class
Who can believe someone who comes out with such nonsense.