The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Not seen the game today, but twitter seems to suggest TAA had a shocker in defence today. I'll not hang my hat on that, but Liverpoolphil often uses twitter as a reliable source of information, so I guess there might be some truth in it.

Just annoyed I had Trossard on my bench for fantasy football.

I took Trossard out a few weeks ago.

On TAA today, i thought he played well.

He was in a great defensive position for the 1st goal,cleared the header into the area were Henderson shouldve been stronger. Henderson loses the ball and TAA slips. Certainly not his fault

Not his fault for the 2nd, Matip never tracked the runner and the 3rd i dont know what VVD and Milner were doing.

But obviously twitter know better ??

Brighton are a very good side. Very impressed with them.

We were comfortable at 3-2, Klopp makes unnecessary changes and we started to make stupid errors.

Swango1980

Visit site
I took Trossard out a few weeks ago.

On TAA today, i thought he played well.

He was in a great defensive position for the 1st goal,cleared the header into the area were Henderson shouldve been stronger. Henderson loses the ball and TAA slips. Certainly not his fault

Not his fault for the 2nd, Matip never tracked the runner and the 3rd i dont know what VVD and Milner were doing.

But obviously twitter know better ??

Brighton are a very good side. Very impressed with them.

We were comfortable at 3-2, Klopp makes unnecessary changes and we started to make stupid errors.
Interesting. This is Anfield, Liverpool Echo and Liverpool World all gave him a 4 out of 10, and were extremely critical. Words like "awful" and a "performance to forget" were used.

Yet to find any reports that he had a decent game. Certainly defensively. Only positive I heard was he put in at least 1 decent corner.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Vital 3 points today

Good goal from Bowen to boost his confidence but scamacca... Take a bow son. Finally we have a striker and it allows Antonio to come on when the defence is knackered to cause trouble ..

srixon 1

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watching a rerun of the Liverpool Brighton match. One of the Liverpool players is rolling around on the floor holding his shin after a bad tackle. He is not wearing shin pads. Serves him right. I hope it hurt like hell.

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just watching a rerun of the Liverpool Brighton match. One of the Liverpool players is rolling around on the floor holding his shin after a bad tackle. He is not wearing shin pads. Serves him right. I hope it hurt like hell.

How did the ref let him on the pitch? You have had to wear shin pads since 1990

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Don't be silly. He's not dived in with any force he just stuck a leg out as he ran past and caught him. I've seen so many worse tackles that players haven't been red carded for.

He deserved to be sent off for being thick. It was reckless. It was not even a challenge. If he wanted to stop play do it like Fernandinho etc. it was studs down the side of the leg/ ankle and he gave the ref no option. If that challenge was on Kane I would of said the same.

D

Deleted member 1740

Interesting. This is Anfield, Liverpool Echo and Liverpool World all gave him a 4 out of 10, and were extremely critical. Words like "awful" and a "performance to forget" were used.

Yet to find any reports that he had a decent game. Certainly defensively. Only positive I heard was he put in at least 1 decent corner.

I dont know who This is Anfield or Liverpool world tbh. The oldham Echo are entitled to their opinion, giving him a 4 is over the top. I thought he was worthy of a 6.5 in all honesty. Not great, not bad but always looked a threat going forward.

They're entitled to their opinion though it doesnt make them wrong or right.

I know what i seen from him today and it wasnt a 4. The whole team were probably a 6.

*edit* ive just read the Echo's write up of TAA performance and i can gaurantee his performance was better than the 3 Ian Doyle has given him.

I watched Hodgson's 5 months with Konchesky at fullback and TAA was comfortably better than the shite they served up.

Last edited by a moderator:

4LEX

Visit site
Big few games for Liverpool coming up, Arsenal and City.

Something doesn't seem right at Liverpool to me, it's similar to that spell at the end of the 20-21 season.

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
He deserved to be sent off for being thick. It was reckless. It was not even a challenge. If he wanted to stop play do it like Fernandinho etc. it was studs down the side of the leg/ ankle and he gave the ref no option. If that challenge was on Kane I would of said the same.

He deserved to be sent off for being thick? I like that quote, trouble is he would be sent off in most games.

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
Vital 3 points today

Good goal from Bowen to boost his confidence but scamacca... Take a bow son. Finally we have a striker and it allows Antonio to come on when the defence is knackered to cause trouble ..

Good performance’s from Bowen and Soucek were a big plus. Scamacca showed he is going to be a handful for defenders and Fornals played well when he came on but imo the overall performance today was pretty bloody desperate. Wolves were understrength but still passed the ball around us with some ease. Fortunately they lacked a cutting edge.

Next game in the PL is Fulham. And they've got Mitrovic who seems to be on fire!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Good performance’s from Bowen and Soucek were a big plus. Scamacca showed he is going to be a handful for defenders and Fornals played well when he came on but imo the overall performance today was pretty bloody desperate. Wolves were understrength but still passed the ball around us with some ease. Fortunately they lacked a cutting edge.

Next game in the PL is Fulham. And they've got Mitrovic who seems to be on fire!

Soucek must be rested mid week for me, the guy has been run into the ground the past couple years and then made a scapegoat

He needs to Thursday off to be fully fit for Sunday

Felt for cornet , he got no luck .. knocked out one game.. goal wrongly disallowed another game.. taken out this game