The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1740

Some of us just see things better than others.
Even from our sofas
Don’t forget Stu I’ve played the game?

You dont need to have played the game to understand playing a Right midfielder in his best position and not at left wingback ?

I see nothing got past James again??

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
You dont need to have played the game to understand playing a Right midfielder in his best position and not at left wingback ?

I see nothing got past James again??

i understand that the golden waistcoat may have a system in mind. If he does, why does he insist on putting square pegs in round holes. I feel the last few games have been all about trying to save face and not build a system that we can carry into the World Cup. I honestly do not have a clue what system we are trying to play.

Bunkermagnet

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
It’s strange how other National coaches tell their 0layers if they arent playing regularly they aren’t considered, but the English manager tells his mates not to worry, they’re in.
Whar does that say to younger or fringe players? Don’t bother with England, unless your face fits you won’t get in no matter how good you are?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
i understand that the golden waistcoat may have a system in mind. If he does, why does he insist on putting square pegs in round holes. I feel the last few games have been all about trying to save face and not build a system that we can carry into the World Cup. I honestly do not have a clue what system we are trying to play.

What I don't get is TAA is rightly called out for being great going forward but bang average defending. However we then set up in a system with 3 Cbs that would completely suit him !

Now however isn't the time to change managers

Regardless if he wins to world cup I think it's time to change post quatar to give the new manager maximum time before the next tournament

D

Deleted member 1740

IMHO he does this because he has a lack of tactical nous and hes out of his depth as an international manager.

If he was sacked tomorrow, i cant think of any PL Club who would want to employ him.

D

Deleted member 1740

What I don't get is TAA is rightly called out for being great going forward but bang average defending. However we then set up in a system with 3 Cbs that would completely suit him !

Now however isn't the time to change managers

Regardless if he wins to world cup I think it's time to change post quatar to give the new manager maximum time before the next tournament

He's not bang average. He may be lacking a bit of form etc but to suggest he is bang average is laughable.

That said you are entitled to you opinion however crazy it may be?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He's not bang average. He may be lacking a bit of form etc but to suggest he is bang average is laughable.

That said you are entitled to you opinion however crazy it may be?

Is it form defensively or a weakness that's been highlighted? It's been going on for seasons where he is fantastic going forward but defensively gaps are left by him.

As I said 3 at back negates that but yet we don't play him

D

Deleted member 1740

Is it form defensively or a weakness that's been highlighted? It's been going on for seasons where he is fantastic going forward but defensively gaps are left by him.

As I said 3 at back negates that but yet we don't play him

His stats prove otherwise.

He's made 2 errors leading to goals this season, Maguire made 2 in 30 minutes??

There's a myth being floated about he cant defend etc and its lazy but if you actually watch him and see the positions he takes up for Liverpool you will see.

When hes high up the pitch and we lose possession it looks worse. Its how Klopp wants him to play.

He's in this Liverpool side to be creative and attacking first and foremost, its the style of football. It may suit some, others not so much.

That said, i accept he should at times do better but to suggest he's a bang average defender is silly.

SwingsitlikeHogan

Major Champion
Visit site
Watched some of the game and tbh didn’t think the teams were that great…yes I know…that coming from a Scot…let’s see how my boys suffer this evening.

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
His stats prove otherwise.

He's made 2 errors leading to goals this season, Maguire made 2 in 30 minutes??

There's a myth being floated about he cant defend etc and its lazy but if you actually watch him and see the positions he takes up for Liverpool you will see.

When hes high up the pitch and we lose possession it looks worse. Its how Klopp wants him to play.

He's in this Liverpool side to be creative and attacking first and foremost, its the style of football. It may suit some, others not so much.

That said, i accept he should at times do better but to suggest he's a bang average defender is silly.

This morning I've clearly chosen violence as I'm sending a link from the Sun to a Liverpool fan :ROFLMAO: - But the stats are there to see.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/18066115/liverpool-trent-alexander-arnold-england-defensive-stats/

He's a bad defender. If you want him in the England side (which I also do) he needs to change position.

He's also had no assists yet so far this season so overall just in a bad run of form generally I think.