The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

adam6177

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
team wastes time with fake injuries and general slowing down the game had me raging in the 2nd half! ??

This moan isn't directed at arsenal, but what you said here is something I've noticed in games recently.

Players are now wise to the fact that if they go down holding their head, then the game will get stopped pretty much instantly. Quite often is when their team are under the cosh and they need a breather.

I know Southampton were recently pulled up on something similar that allowed the manager to have a quick pep talk with them.

D

Deleted member 1740

This moan isn't directed at arsenal, but what you said here is something I've noticed in games recently.

Players are now wise to the fact that if they go down holding their head, then the game will get stopped pretty much instantly. Quite often is when their team are under the cosh and they need a breather.

I know Southampton were recently pulled up on something similar that allowed the manager to have a quick pep talk with them.

It's upto the ref's to be stronger and remember those who waste time doing it.
I laughed when Milner done it yesterday though.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
That’s how I saw it, not a foul but not a booking for diving. But Mike Dean is useless so would expect nothing less.
Also didn’t realise how much I really really hate Arteta, the way he prances up and down the line waving his arms about and the way his team wastes time with fake injuries and general slowing down the game had me raging in the 2nd half! ??

youre not alone!!!!

didnt see the 2nd half but hearing we were a tad fortunate to nick the win. hope the team selection doesnt backfire on Moyes on Thursday

pauljames87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
youre not alone!!!!

didnt see the 2nd half but hearing we were a tad fortunate to nick the win. hope the team selection doesnt backfire on Moyes on Thursday

I think he played it well

Gave zouma a chance to get some match fitness as he been out

Dawson was suspended so rested

Antonio had 60 mins rest

Coufal played well so is staking a claim for the game

Soucek had a 70 min rest

Should be able to put our best team out Thursday and go for it

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think he played it well

Gave zouma a chance to get some match fitness as he been out

Dawson was suspended so rested

Antonio had 60 mins rest

Coufal played well so is staking a claim for the game

Soucek had a 70 min rest

Should be able to put our best team out Thursday and go for it

fair enough

If that had been arsenal id have wanted the kids out there, rice, bowen etc shouldve been wrapped in cotton wool. Thurday is your biggest game for decades i wouldnt have wanted my matchwinners risking injury

Fade and Die

Medal Winner
Visit site
youre not alone!!!!

I’m afraid due to Moyes inability to strengthen the squad in January and his unwillingness to try the younger players (we are 2nd in the U23 league so surely one or two are worth a try?) he has rather run his 13 regulars into the ground. We are running on empty… Whilst it’s been a good season I think I will reflect on it as being an opportunity missed.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I’m afraid due to Moyes inability to strengthen the squad in January and his unwillingness to try the younger players (we are 2nd in the U23 league so surely one or two are worth a try?) he has rather run his 13 regulars into the ground. We are running on empty… Whilst it’s been a good season I think I will reflect on it as being an opportunity missed.

funnily enough, weve taken pretty much the same approach, and it feels bad enough, but that must surely be magnified with the chance you have to win in europe

Jimaroid

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He should have left it to the stewards but I'm pretty sure he threw it into a corner where there are no spectators.

Yep, I've no idea where he threw it but another example of his questionable judgment. Love his passion but he's such a liability. We need him available and on the pitch don't we? He drives me mad but what is football without characters like him.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Yep, I've no idea where he threw it but another example of his questionable judgment. Love his passion but he's such a liability. We need him available and on the pitch don't we? He drives me mad but what is football without characters like him.
I'd sell him in a flash in the summer. We can make better use of the money. If he could help keep us up, that would be a good leaving present ?.

I think we are wasting him, playing him through the middle. Play him out on the left, he impacts much more out there. He is usually anonymous through the middle. (I accept yesterday was different as we needed to neutralise Reece James and that would not be best use of him)

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
On Sunday, Newcastle United Ladies played at St. James' Park for the very first time.

The team is in the 4th tier of the ladies footballing pyramid.

The average ladies attendance in the 1st tier of ladies football is around 2,000.

The attendance yesterday at St. James' was 22,134.