The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Genuine question for fans? would you rather be a yoyo club ie Fulham/Norwich etc or a side that keeps finishing mid table in the prem ie Southampton (I wouldve used Everton too but you know.....)

hairball_89

Club Champion
Visit site
Genuine question for fans? would you rather be a yoyo club ie Fulham/Norwich etc or a side that keeps finishing mid table in the prem ie Southampton (I wouldve used Everton too but you know.....)

Who knows, but I do think we should just create a league in between the Championship and the PL for Fulham, Norwich and West Brom!

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
A team that always finishes mid table.
Chances of a good Cup run.
In addition always able to see quality opposition in the flesh

Ive always said similar but hard to see how its been better being a Saints fan for eg than a Norwich fan for eg the last 10 years.

And for the so called mid table clubs who then dont put full strength side out in the cup.................

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
My son was a season ticket holder at Newcastle for a spell when they went down and up, £65 for juniors, why not. Newcastle romped the championship that year but he didn't enjoy it. The standard was poor and a win was what should have been happening with the team they had so he didn't hit the heights. He was relieved when they went back up, not sure he would have renewed to watch another season in the championship.

A mid table team will have enough of a mixture of results to have enjoyment, high points and hope. A team coming 4th from bottom every season, may be a tighter call?

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

I’d prefer mid table in the Prem than yo-yo-ing. Do I want the Boro to go up this season, even if they were to come straight back down? Yes I want them in the Prem, preferably staying there, but even if they got relegated there’s always the hope that is there for most of the season that they’d stay up.

This season has seen some great matches in the championship for the Boro but there’s been some dire opposition to watch too. Even the poorer Prem teams make for better watching than poorer championship teams.

Would I enjoy watching Boro lose almost every week? No, but there’s always the belief they can beat anyone if they have a good day and the opposition stutter.