The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, where's this team been all season?
I think a lap of honour is a bit embarrassing, especially after this pathetic season.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Genuine question for fans? would you rather be a yoyo club ie Fulham/Norwich etc or a side that keeps finishing mid table in the prem ie Southampton (I wouldve used Everton too but you know.....)

I'd love to be able to aspire to the level of being a yoyo club rather than praying for mid-table mediocrity instead of a relegation battle every year.

Foxholer

Blackballed
Visit site
At least the fans and the players have something in common, both cant organise a defence?
Tonight was the best I've seen ManU play in a long time - not that there's been much to compete against. Likely 'inspired' by it being the last match at OT for several. A bit surprising what can inspire footballers!

Junior

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well, where's this team been all season?
I think a lap of honour is a bit embarrassing, especially after this pathetic season.

Not really a lap of honour. More a thank-you to the fans, and, to be honest, this season they should say thank-you for sticking it out despite the poor season.

Was also nice opportunity for the fans to say goodbye to Mata and Matic. Mata in particular was a great player and a quality footballer as some of his touches showed last night. Signing him was one of the few things Moyes did right, although he did then play him on the right wing...... :eek:

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Not really a lap of honour. More a thank-you to the fans, and, to be honest, this season they should say thank-you for sticking it out despite the poor season.

Was also nice opportunity for the fans to say goodbye to Mata and Matic. Mata in particular was a great player and a quality footballer as some of his touches showed last night. Signing him was one of the few things Moyes did right, although he did then play him on the right wing...... :eek:

Trait of his

Fornals class cam

Plays on wing

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
Genuine question for fans? would you rather be a yoyo club ie Fulham/Norwich etc or a side that keeps finishing mid table in the prem ie Southampton (I wouldve used Everton too but you know.....)
I am a fan of the ultimate yo-yo team! Rotherham have been either promoted or relegated in each of the past 6 seasons, and I bet we will be amongst the favourites to come down again next season. I pray for mid table ?

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I enjoyed our 3 seasons in the championship.. well 2 in it and 1 in the first division

Play off finals every year

Some cracking games

We did buy everyone's good players tho lol

Our relegation battles under Sam weren't fun but he started to get us near the top towards end

Bilic I enjoyed one season, overated manager helped out no end by a true world class player in payet

The Moyes era is by far my fav since my childhood days of cole, Carrick, Defoe, Di Canio , Sinclair

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
As a Fulham fan, you go up each time with a blind belief (well a ton of hope and many prayers) that you'll stay up. Undoubtedly we made mistakes several seasons ago, buying way too many players and splintering the side that had got promotion. With Parker he simply lacked the tactical nous at that level and the squad was a little thin especially at the back. Silva has more experience, Mitrovic has a manger he likes (I also think he and Parker had a big falling out last season hence his drop off in performances and lack of playing time) and is a man in form for club and country and will be eager to prove the critics wrong.

Enough sides in the bottom eight that we can hopefully be competitive against and we can often cause one shock result a season against a bigger side. Hopefully this is the time to get another PL run and we avoid second season syndrome

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I am a fan of the ultimate yo-yo team! Rotherham have been either promoted or relegated in each of the past 6 seasons, and I bet we will be amongst the favourites to come down again next season. I pray for mid table ?

Be some achievement to be mid table in the championship, some vastly incomparable budgets across that league that youre on the wrong end of sadly. Plenty of neutrals be pulling for you!