The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
I wouldn’t worry. When you look at operating costs and revenue, servicing debt is not an issue.

Liverpool are pretty similar in terms of % and have done exceptionally well with sponsorship, although Nike have been a bit slow ‘coughing up’ their money. And the Courtinho money, which distorted the balance sheet, is long since spent. Their current fire sale of fringe players, estimated value of £75m, will make quite a difference, especially with a wage bill not far short of their income.

Arsenal are, probably, most in ‘danger’ from the loss of revenue, and still appear to be a club in transition.
Yea, I dunno. It seems more like I should just pack it all in and support a good family club like Liverpool and ignore the facts.

D

Deleted member 15344

Yea, I dunno. It seems more like I should just pack it all in and support a good family club like Liverpool and ignore the facts.
When did anyone suggest that ?

It wasn’t that long ago everyone was up in arms about football being morally and financially bankrupt - clubs having huge losses due to Covid but that’s all ignored though when their club signs a player for multi millions - all those morals get thrown out the window when they spend £80mil on a player and give him £250k a week

Every club took loans - we did as well , a credit facility which I believe has now been paid off - I wouldn’t want to see the club take loans or go into debt to sign players , even more so in the current financial situation

If you don’t care then don’t worry your little head about it , some don’t care about the finances within their club

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
When did anyone suggest that ?

It wasn’t that long ago everyone was up in arms about football being morally and financially bankrupt - clubs having huge losses due to Covid but that’s all ignored though when their club signs a player for multi millions - all those morals get thrown out the window when they spend £80mil on a player and give him £250k a week

Every club took loans - we did as well , a credit facility which I believe has now been paid off - I wouldn’t want to see the club take loans or go into debt to sign players , even more so in the current financial situation

If you don’t care then don’t worry your little head about it , some don’t care about the finances within their club
I do care but not at the point where I’m not happy to see us signing a good player. Maybe you shouldn’t spout your faux (hypocritical) outrage if you don’t want people to disagree with you?

D

Deleted member 15344

I do care but not at the point where I’m not happy to see us signing a good player. Maybe you shouldn’t spout your faux (hypocritical) outrage if you don’t want people to disagree with you?
So as I said - all the morals and caring about the finances goes out the window and ignored when big money is spent on a player - that’s cool at least we know your position

No one said you couldn’t disagree and not sure what im being hypocritical about ?‍♂️

Kellfire

Blackballed
Visit site
So as I said - all the morals and caring about the finances goes out the window and ignored when big money is spent on a player - that’s cool at least we know your position

No one said you couldn’t disagree and not sure what im being hypocritical about ?‍♂️
Do you have any idea what middle ground is? Are you aware that people can hold opinions that aren’t at an extreme?

D

Deleted member 15344

To be fair, if Spurs spend big on a player, I don't give a toss where the money comes from. I'm not paying for it. :LOL:
Spurs took out a loan earlier in the year as well but if they do spend big it will be from selling Kane

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site
Spurs took out a loan earlier in the year as well but if they do spend big it will be from selling Kane

Pretty much every business of any size uses the bank’s money. And every bank has strict, very strict, lending rules. It’s naive to think it isn’t done without a measure of control. The sport itself monitors spending, although could do better as it’s response is both reactive and then restrictive.

Fans arguing the toss about businesses that use someone else’s money, the banks, are ignoring the good business sense of not using their own money.

D

Deleted member 15344

Pretty much every business of any size uses the bank’s money. And every bank has strict, very strict, lending rules. It’s naive to think it isn’t done without a measure of control. The sport itself monitors spending, although could do better as it’s response is both reactive and then restrictive.

Fans arguing the toss about businesses that use someone else’s money, the banks, are ignoring the good business sense of not using their own money.
I think it’s been shown over that last couple of years that the monitoring the sport does is a waste of space and clubs clearly have no issues getting around it

I guess it’s just the standard transfer window when clubs spend way beyond their means as usual whilst our little toxic lot demand our owners leave because they believe in being more financially sound. Sooner the season starts and it’s down to the managers the better - then the cream rises regardless of spending.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
At least you buy a few diamonds....at Newcastle our strategy is to take Iron Pyrites on loan.
The sad thing for Newcastle, one of many sad things, is that your transfer highlight for this year is the possible signing of Willock, a lad Bruce barely ever started. He would be a decent signing but not season changing. It will be another season where survival is the target ?

toyboy54

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
Blimey, I did a cheeky remark about Scottish Clubs playing in Europe before the schools break up and I am only a few days out!

Never an easy game Midtjylland .... :)

You could at least have waited until after extra time...dreadful result for Celtic ( I take no pleasure in this-bad for co-efficient as well)
Still RFC are in as are Aberdeen and Hibs!!
Remind me again please if you would...Which team do you support-and are they in Europe comps??...Just interested:unsure: