The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15344

Being happy about a the fee would be determined by how the player ends up surely ? He could end up be a starting CB for the next 7/8 years and then the fee would be worth it

oh come on Phil, you dont wait to see how ever player turns out before commenting on whether its a decent tfr do you?

would you want him at that price?
i think he is a good signing - and if we signed him at that price I wouldn’t be too bothered tbh , he is a £30-40mil player so expect the added english tax

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Being happy about a the fee would be determined by how the player ends up surely ? He could end up be a starting CB for the next 7/8 years and then the fee would be worth it

oh come on Phil, you dont wait to see how ever player turns out before commenting on whether its a decent tfr do you?

would you want him at that price?

I still have sleepless nights over the amount United paid for Maguire. At least he was an established Premier League player and a regular international starter.

£50m for Ben White sums the transfer market up. Premier League clubs paying way over the odds for English players. If Brighton invest wisely they’ve just done a cracking bit of business.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
i think he is a good signing - and if we signed him at that price I wouldn’t be too bothered tbh , he is a £30-40mil player so expect the added english tax

think we'd all be happier if he'd gone to you lol, expect he's a better fit for you currently too :)

as i say i hope im wrong but feels like weve had our pants down for a player that isnt really what we need

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I still have sleepless nights over the amount United paid for Maguire. At least he was an established Premier League player and a regular international starter.

£50m for Ben White sums the transfer market up. Premier League clubs paying way over the odds for English players. If Brighton invest wisely they’ve just done a cracking bit of business.

id trust tony bloom and brighton to spend the 50m far more than i would our lot lol

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
they should make a top trumps game of the worst tfrs from the last 25 years lol, silly silly numbers been spent since sky rocked up in the early 90s

My shower would feature very, very strongly.

Eric Djemba-Djemba, Kleberson, Fred, Massimo Taibi, Bebe, the list is absolutely endless…………….

D

Deleted member 15344

they should make a top trumps game of the worst tfrs from the last 25 years lol, silly silly numbers been spent since sky rocked up in the early 90s
Sorry I posted the wrong link ?‍♂️ But there have been shockers over the past 30 years

It seems that City bidding £100mil for Grealish - wonder where that money is coming from when the last accounts had them making a loss of £100 plus mil - some more state sponsership

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Sorry I posted the wrong link ?‍♂️ But there have been shockers over the past 30 years

It seems that City bidding £100mil for Grealish - wonder where that money is coming from when the last accounts had them making a loss of £100 plus mil - some more state sponsership

i like the one you posted haha

in the scheme of things 100m for grealish seems ok, considering they have endless pots of money and little others areas of issue, could win them a CL

D

Deleted member 15344

i like the one you posted haha

in the scheme of things 100m for grealish seems ok, considering they have endless pots of money and little others areas of issue, could win them a CL

I don’t know what’s happening with FFP but the level of losses when their net spend is over £1bn over past 10 years must be huge - seen that Everton have potential FFP issues as well stopping them from signing players ?‍♂️

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Delighted with our latest signing

Areola (on loan at Fulham last season)

Fab in his last year of contract and got Injured warming up twice last year

Slow replacement like Moyes did with Howard replacing Martyn

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Ben White is an extremely good defender. He could also play as a defensive midfielder.

He has potential to be one of the best of coached well.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
If Grealish does go to city then 1 or 2 might be moved on. Whoever it is they are likely to be worth a few quid and that will offset some of the fee. Not many duffers in that squad. Hopefully, for the sake of the league, it doesn't happen.

Slime

Tour Winner
Visit site
Varane has one year left on his contract , was refusing to sign an extension so Madrid got the best price they could , Varane will reportedly earn £10mil a year as well

That's less than £200K per week, that's not a lot by today's standards.
It makes him even more of a bargain.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
That Kane story is nonsense. The media is desperate for him to move to City so they have something to talk about. Apparently he was due back today but they have to wait for a negative Covid test so it's an absolute nothing story.