The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Rumour has it hes been to pick Jack up and gone on a day trip to see the sights in Manchester ???

dont know what im laughing at, Partey injured yesterday and saviour Xhaka to the rescue sigh

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
It seems very unlike Kane, but whatever it is, it's not going to make Levy accept a 90 million bid all of a sudden is it? It changes nothing.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site
It seems very unlike Kane, but whatever it is, it's not going to make Levy accept a 90 million bid all of a sudden is it? It changes nothing.

Lots of fans have said that about lots of players.

Kane doesn't strike me as someone who won't show up come opening day, but if he does dig in. Spurs can't afford to have him not play and not take an offer imo

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Lots of fans have said that about lots of players.

Kane doesn't strike me as someone who won't show up come opening day, but if he does dig in. Spurs can't afford to have him not play and not take an offer imo
It's also too late to sell him now though. If everyone knows we have £130mil in the back pocket and only two weeks to find a Kane replacement, we're going to be mugged off by everybody. No chance of getting a reasonable deal done.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
It's also too late to sell him now though. If everyone knows we have £130mil in the back pocket and only two weeks to find a Kane replacement, we're going to be mugged off by everybody. No chance of getting a reasonable deal done.
Has that stopped Spurs before? :LOL:

The same applies to all clubs. Really, if you are going to sell you want to sell as early in the window as possible. The later the date the more horrible the prices you end up paying for the replacements.

Papas1982

Tour Winner
Banned
Visit site

Loads of clubs have lost stars on deadline day.

TBF, you could have lost him 8 weeks ago. Clubs will still know you've got that money.

However much you get, you best just hope your transfers are better than post Bale...

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

Worked with berbatov

Levy has a way of making it hard for players to leave ...bale modric both had long drawn out transfers

If he has a gentleman's agreement with Kane then he should honour it and let him leave

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Worked with berbatov

Levy has a way of making it hard for players to leave ...bale modric both had long drawn out transfers

If he has a gentleman's agreement with Kane then he should honour it and let him leave
What does that even mean? I don't think there are any gentlemen in football. Certainly no honour or morals.

D

Deleted member 15344

Looks like VAR is going to used a bit different

No more “marginal” offsides

No more soft marginal penalties ( they highlighted Sterlings in the Euros )

also the rumours are that Kane will refuse to go to any training at Spurs

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Looks like VAR is going to used a bit different

No more “marginal” offsides

No more soft marginal penalties ( they highlighted Sterlings in the Euros )

also the rumours are that Kane will refuse to go to any training at Spurs
On VAR - I'll believe that when I see it.

On Kane - I don't understand why he would think not attending training will make City stump up £150mil. :unsure:

SteveW86

Head Pro
Visit site
On VAR - I'll believe that when I see it.

On Kane - I don't understand why he would think not attending training will make City stump up £150mil. :unsure:

Maybe testing how much Levy would really pay for him to sit in the reserves and his value keep on falling. This window is the maximum they will get for him.

Will Levy not sell and let his value drop as his contract runs down? Spurs could probably do with a bit of a rebuild with the money from Kane to stabilise themselves as a top 6 team again.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Maybe testing how much Levy would really pay for him to sit in the reserves and his value keep on falling. This window is the maximum they will get for him.

Will Levy not sell and let his value drop as his contract runs down? Spurs could probably do with a bit of a rebuild with the money from Kane to stabilise themselves as a top 6 team again.
The plan was probably to keep him one more year and sell him next summer for £100m anyway. As I've said it's pointless selling him now, we've got no chance of getting anything like a decent replacement in a couple of weeks.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
The plan was probably to keep him one more year and sell him next summer for £100m anyway. As I've said it's pointless selling him now, we've got no chance of getting anything like a decent replacement in a couple of weeks.
Surely though your director of football, manager etc will have a wishlist of players lined up, some possible before, some possible now. Players are watched all of the time so it is not as if you suddenly have to start from scratch now. You just need to get the Kane deal done and put plan C into action asap. The only ones suffering if Levy plays a long game is Spurs. You need to leave the selling clubs time to get their player in otherwise the cost goes up even more or you are left with no-one. At this stage you can still get good replacements.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Surely though your director of football, manager etc will have a wishlist of players lined up, some possible before, some possible now. Players are watched all of the time so it is not as if you suddenly have to start from scratch now. You just need to get the Kane deal done and put plan C into action asap. The only ones suffering if Levy plays a long game is Spurs. You need to leave the selling clubs time to get their player in otherwise the cost goes up even more or you are left with no-one. At this stage you can still get good replacements.
Doesn't matter who he's lined up, they won't be as good as Kane. As I said yesterday, any striker who's even 80% of Kane's level, we'll get absolutely ripped off for them because they'll know we have that money burning a hole. It's a lose-lose situation.

pendodave

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Sorry if I missed it, but why on earth did kane not put a release clause in his new contract?
Everything that has happened is entirely predictable, and now he can't get out. Because he (or his agent) would have got a bit less, I guess. But at his age and with his ankles, that looks very short sighted now.

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Doesn't matter who he's lined up, they won't be as good as Kane. As I said yesterday, any striker who's even 80% of Kane's level, we'll get absolutely ripped off for them because they'll know we have that money burning a hole. It's a lose-lose situation.
That's life though. The key is to use the money well and end up stronger as a team.