The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Do they even need him with Silva , Mahrez , Sterling , Foden in those wider areas ? KDB behind them - just feels like a madness signing

Going from the big fish to being rotated

Reminds a bit of Coutinho going to Barcelona - a lot of money
Did you say it was a lot of money for Coutinho at the time? ?
Seem to remember you telling us all that the “little magician” wasn’t going anywhere no matter how much money was offered?

SaintHacker

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Villa score again. Ings has signed for £25m. Really good buy by them.

I feel so sorry for Southampton fans though. Once again losing a top player and not being able to build.

I think its fantastic business. I liked the guy a lot but he can't play a full season, and he's one bad knock away from his career being finished, and lets face it he's much nearer retirment than his debut, £30m is crazy money. We've got a couple of exciting young strikers coming through and money in the bank to spend. Whats not to like?

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
Did you say it was a lot of money for Coutinho at the time? ?
Seem to remember you telling us all that the “little magician” wasn’t going anywhere no matter how much money was offered?

Like I said. Pep must think he can improve him.

fundy

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
I think its fantastic business. I liked the guy a lot but he can't play a full season, and he's one bad knock away from his career being finished, and lets face it he's much nearer retirment than his debut, £30m is crazy money. We've got a couple of exciting young strikers coming through and money in the bank to spend. Whats not to like?

you gonna be as happy when they buy JWP too? ;)

D

Deleted member 15344

Horrible tackle on Fofana in a friendly with Villareal, he's gonna be out for a while after that :(

If the pictures are right then it’s a horror injury - going to be a year at least

D

Deleted member 16999

That could be an interesting one. As things stand, with all of the uncertainty at Spurs and a new manager, I'd be leaning towards Villa.
Their fans probably hope so as well, Villa were relegation fodder when Grealish was injured last season.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Do they even need him with Silva , Mahrez , Sterling , Foden in those wider areas ? KDB behind them - just feels like a madness signing

Going from the big fish to being rotated

Reminds a bit of Coutinho going to Barcelona - a lot of money
I think Grealish is world class or will be world class shortly, but I hate the fact he's going to City. As you say they've just got too many options, so he'll only be playing 50% of games. It was already frustrating watching Foden do the same, when he'd be an ever-present at most teams. Hopefully they let one of Bernardo or Mahrez go so he has a little more chance of game time. How many times do we see English players going to the top teams and their career gets ruined.

Orikoru

Tour Winner
Visit site
Horrible tackle on Fofana in a friendly with Villareal, he's gonna be out for a while after that :(
I've just watched it, he actually got the ball. Wouldn't say it was the worst tackle I've ever seen, maybe a bit over-zealous for a friendly though. A bit unlucky that Fofana's leg got trapped underneath him.