The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

williamalex1

Money List Winner
Visit site
QUOTE="BiMGuy, post: 2365893, member: 29109"]We need to speed play up not slow it down.
Bellingham for Sterling and anyone for Kane.
I'd have Tripper on for Shaw too.

grealish for Sterling, Bellingham for a def midfielder/ rice.[/QUOTE]
Speed it up not slow it down, sounds like a Eurovision song :ROFLMAO:

Golfmmad

Tour Winner
Visit site
Well that was disappointing from England. Too many players were poor.
Phillips was far too negative tonight, most passes went backwards, he has the ability to pick out a forward.
Kane does not look fit even though he didn't get the service. James didn't get down the line once, Mount was invisible in the 2nd half. As Gary Neville has just said the only England player that played at a decent level was Pickford, he kept us in the game.
I knew it would be a tough game, Scotland are a good side and I hope they qualify.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Well done to Scotland, deserved the win. Outstanding from start to finish, created 4 clear chances and pushed untill the end.

That's possibly the worst England performance I've seen including Iceland for a decade or so. Southgate is such a cowardly manager he was happy with 1-1 to essentially qualify. If England played France, Belgium or any decent side we would've lost by 3-4 tonight.

England's strength is the midfield and attack yet he plays 6 defensive players. There is no way on earth we will get anywhere close to winning this tournament unless theres a major change in outlook. Always said Southgate was a fraud who got lucky in Russia then bottled the big game, since then England have scraped by on individual quality. You've got a bench with Grealish, Sancho, Rashford and Bellingham and he comes up with that?

The subs were bizzare. Foden was the most lively player, Rashford isn't great in the air so why take Kane off when you're going to put crosses in towards the end? Grealish was more bothered about flicking his hair and winning free kicks to make a difference. Sterling has been in bad form for 6 months yet he stays on all game when he was going to do nothing? That was car crash management and everything not to do. He's just a FA PR machine in his cheap suit, awful haircut and textbook soundbites. The worst thing to happen is we stumble to the semi finals and he keeps the job for the World Cup.

Having this clown in charge is like putting a learner driver in a Ferrari. No idea :rolleyes:

^^ This. With bells on. Sums it up perfectly.

ColchesterFC

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Just seen an amusing post on Twitter that if I post on here will get me severely Fraggered. Hopefully I can avoid that fate by summarising it as an image of the England three lions badge with the words "Footballs Coming Home" above it. The letters O, O, T and B have been crossed out and the letters U, C & K have been added above.

D

Deleted member 18121

Why does Kane play football these days like a 33 year old trying to get 2 more years out of his career.

Whoever buys him for £100m+ in the summer better be sure what they're getting themselves into.

Val

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
Ah well, Scotland undefeated in London this year, football and rugby. Not often we can say that ?

Take a bow lads, no major competition qualification in 23 years and you hold your own and more in one of the favourites back yards.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
For fear of being branded an armchair expert, I’ll say it all the same. The changes should have been Grealish for Sterling, Calvert-Lewin for Kane and Sancho at the expense of one of the two defensive midfielders. At least two of those three changes are not rocket science.

Rashford? Sorry, he’s been woeful for months, and certainly isn’t good enough to play through the middle at this level. And taking Foden off was one of the most bizarre bits of management I’ve seen in a long time.

A good number of my golfing mates gave up on watching England a long time ago, citing the fact that they simply no longer entertain. With the players at their disposal they should be far more inspiring but Southgate simply refuses to release the handbrake.

I’ll watch the game on Tuesday because it’s tournament football. Otherwise I wouldn’t be remotely interested. Absolutely turgid stuff.

4LEX

Visit site
Why does Kane play football these days like a 33 year old trying to get 2 more years out of his career.

Whoever buys him for £100m+ in the summer better be sure what they're getting themselves into.

This is knee jerk. He's had no service whatsoever and is playing in a team more negative than a Mourinho outfit. Show me a striker in Europe over the last 5 years who can match his goals and assists?

Doon frae Troon

Ryder Cup Winner
Visit site
At least Foden looked like he was trying.
I honestly thought Southgate was going to bring Henderson on at one point.
He is not very skillful though......certainly not the hailed new Gazza.
First time I have seen him play mind, perhaps he was having an off day.
Shaw was the only decent player for England IMO.

Very much a game of a team vs a bunch of individuals.
Clarke clearly won the tactical scrap.

4LEX

Visit site

Foden was the only one who showed touch and quick vision, it was as if the game was below his level. Shaw was useless. A fat lazy waddler who won a few tackles. No way he starts again.

Pin-seeker

Visit site

Very much a game of a team vs a bunch of individuals.
Clarke clearly won the tactical scrap.
I’ve not seen lots of Foden tbh,but what I have seen he does look class.
Today they all looked average at best.