The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Red devil

Visit site
Tbf, its pretty well documented that Fergie did think about 3 matches ahead.

Literally heard a podcast last week where a player was sharing that he knew 2 weeks in advance he was playing in a Champions League game for them...

edit - doesnt mean he didnt try to win though... he did that well!
That's true about Ferguson. The point I was trying to make was. Never would Ferguson having watched his team surrender a two goal lead take off, until that point, his most dangerous player for the benefit of "rotation" Never.

Last edited:

Bdill93

Undisputed King of FOMO
Visit site
That's true about Ferguson. The point I was trying to make was. Never would Ferguson having watched his team surrender a two goal lead take off, until that point, his most dangerous player for the benefit of "rotation" Never.

Possibly not as early as you subbed Rashford yesterday no! But quite common after 70 mins or so.

3offTheTee

Tour Rookie
Visit site
Preston Striker Osmajic given 8 match ban and fined £15000 for biting Beck who is on loan from Liverpool whilst playing for Blackburn a couple of weeks ago. Was let off lightly when compared to Suarez.

The striker continued to play and scored 2 goals in midweek

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Confused by Ratcliffes statement that it’s not his call in regards ETH
Even if he doesnt think its his call, he has clearly signalled what he wants to happen...

Asked if he still had faith in former Ajax boss Ten Hag, Ratcliffe told BBC Sport: "I don’t want to answer that question."

...talk about publicly sticking the knife in, not into ETH's back, but squarely into the middle of his chest.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Even if he doesnt think its his call, he has clearly signalled what he wants to happen...

Asked if he still had faith in former Ajax boss Ten Hag, Ratcliffe told BBC Sport: "I don’t want to answer that question."

...talk about publicly sticking the knife in, not into ETH's back, but squarely into the middle of his chest.

Stats aren’t great reading

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site

Again, I’m not sure why this even merits discussion.

If Ratcliffe isn’t the one who makes decisions regarding ten Hag’s appointment, then as a part owner of the club it seems appropriate to me that he isn’t seen to be exerting influence one way or another on those who will make such decisions.

There are owners elsewhere who would do well to follow his example.

Billysboots

Visit site
I thought he had taken over "football operations" ? If that doesnt mean/include hiring and firing staff related to the footballing side of the business....what does it mean/include?

Yes, and he has appointed people who know about the running of the football side of a football club to do what they do best.

Jim Ratcliffe is a businessman who part owns a football club. He’s not a football club CEO, director of football or such like.

I’m slightly surprised that United have been widely criticised for being atrociously run by a group of people who know nothing about football, and are now being criticised almost as much despite having put the very structure in place which they have been criticised for not having.

It’s all getting very tedious.

nickjdavis

Head Pro
Visit site
Yes, and he has appointed people who know about the running of the football side of a football club to do what they do best.

Jim Ratcliffe is a businessman who part owns a football club. He’s not a football club CEO, director of football or such like.

I’m slightly surprised that United have been widely criticised for being atrociously run by a group of people who know nothing about football, and are now being criticised almost as much despite having put the very structure in place which they have been criticised for not having.

It’s all getting very tedious.
In that case then, surely a better answer than "I dont want to answer that question" would have been to explain exactly that and that his opinion had no weight and that he trusted the judgement of the staff he had put in place to manage the footballing side of operations.

By making the non-statement he did, many might interpret it as an unspoken vote of no-confidence.

He is an experienced businessman....he should be more aware of how his responses to press questions will be interpreted or even twisted in some quarters.

Billysboots

Visit site
Is that needed if assault is caught on camera?
Genuine question.

A prosecution needs a victim. If you don’t have a victim willing to stand up in court and give evidence then there is no prosecution.

There are examples of what are known as victimless prosecutions, where the police will proceed without a victim statement, but they’re generally confined to domestic incidents and are intended to safeguard a victim who may be too scared to engage with the process.

Pin-seeker

Visit site
A prosecution needs a victim. If you don’t have a victim willing to stand up in court and give evidence then there is no prosecution.

There are examples of what are known as victimless prosecutions, where the police will proceed without a victim statement, but they’re generally confined to domestic incidents and are intended to safeguard a victim who may be too scared to engage with the process.
👍🏻