The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
He’s the nearest thing they have. Leaders are not something United are blessed with. That’s one of the issues.

The HM situation was the crowning moment of ETHs reign of man united. What a mistake. Trying to force him out the club and stripping him of the captaincy

This is a player who may not be the best player in the world but his effort is exactly what you want from a captain, the correct attuide

Proves again Eth wrong

Swango1980

Visit site
Going forward I thought we looked really good at times. But, my God, either ten Hag has no clue how to set a side up or his players aren’t listening to him.

Without the ball United are absolutely appalling.
I agree, defensively scarey compared to most games before Spurs. It is a worry.

First 2 goals were caused by 2 excellent crosses mainly, fair play to Porto. Was disappointed with Rashford for 1st goal, as he just gifted space to the chap who crossed it. No surprised they targeted that side again for 2nd goal. I'll applaud Rashford going forward tonight, he was dangerous. But he doesn't offer an ounce of protection for Dalot on that side. Wondered if he was injured, or subbed to try and be more solid?

Third goal was annoying, Martinez will defo be disappointed with that. Haven't really looked to see how that move came about, but it always feels like we suffer those scary counter attacks when someone like Bruno tries a stupid pass. Utd players can be in strong attacking position, then suddenly we need to defend because we lose possession when a player makes a stupid decision.

Red devil

Visit site
Was Rashford's substitution an injury? He should have stayed on he had the measure of their right back. Whereas Garnacho gets his pocket picked far to easily for my liking

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
It’s stupidity again - it was poor judgement again from him when on a yellow

I’ll be honest, if that challenge was after 30 minutes with the scores level then I would agree - his judgement would be dubious at best.

But trailing 3-2 with ten minutes to go, and when presented with a goal scoring opportunity, I’d perhaps be more critical if he hadn’t made some sort of challenge. There are two sides to the debate.

But when it comes to leadership, the discussion will go on and on. There is no stand out candidate.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Hang on! Rashford, who had looked as good going forward as he has done in a long time, was substituted at half time because ten Hag wanted to “rotate” his players? Really?

Regardless of the identity of the player, and it may not have escaped anyone’s notice that I am not Rashford’s biggest fan, but you don’t take off the player who has caused the most problems during the first half to “rotate” the squad, when you’ve squandered a 2-0 lead, and then admit it in your post match interview.

I’m staggered.

Swango1980

Visit site
The HM situation was the crowning moment of ETHs reign of man united. What a mistake. Trying to force him out the club and stripping him of the captaincy

This is a player who may not be the best player in the world but his effort is exactly what you want from a captain, the correct attuide

Proves again Eth wrong
Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't. HM has been slated by most people, just need to read through posts on this forum. Ppl that are adamant he is not good enough.

So, ETH decides to keep him as 1st choice, and you all slag him off for that. Or, he is happy to let him leave, and now he gets slated for that over a year later after HM scores an equaliser in injury time.

Fair play to HM, he wanted to stay and he had remained professional. But it was clear to him that he wasn't a priority for ETH, but he has decided to fight for his place (and keep tye big wage coming in)

Swango1980

Visit site
Hang on! Rashford, who had looked as good going forward as he has done in a long time, was substituted at half time because ten Hag wanted to “rotate” his players? Really?

Regardless of the identity of the player, and it may not have escaped anyone’s notice that I am not Rashford’s biggest fan, but you don’t take off the player who has caused the most problems during the first half to “rotate” the squad, when you’ve squandered a 2-0 lead, and then admit it in your post match interview.

I’m staggered.
He may well have been pissed off about certain aspects of his play, possibly defensively. But doesn't want to reveal that publicly, so used the old rotation excuse?

It isn't like he commonly rotates players at half time in games, so I doubt that is the actual reason

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I’m staggered.
He’s trying to get sacked saying that!

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site

I’m staggered.

I'm not. He's clueless! Trying to be new pep but he is the wish.com version of Ian Holloway

Hobbit

Mordorator
Visit site

I’m staggered.

In isolation, an odd decision. But we’re seeing odd decisions and comments to the press almost every week, and sometimes twice a week.

Gut feel… Ten Hag has had enough of Utd and is chasing the sack. If that isn’t the case, he’s bonkers.

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site

I’m staggered.
I’m staggered your staggered. 😳

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
Was Rashford's substitution an injury? He should have stayed on he had the measure of their right back. Whereas Garnacho gets his pocket picked far to easily for my liking

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
At the end of the day Porto are one of the better sides in the competition and given United's form recently I think most fans would have been happy with a draw before the game started. To be honest United were lucky to get such a good start and the keeper looked wobbly at best but then once Porto scored it could have been any score line. Neither sat back and a good game for the neutral, Don't think it has done EtH's job prospects any good

AmandaJR

Money List Winner
Visit site
In isolation, an odd decision. But we’re seeing odd decisions and comments to the press almost every week, and sometimes twice a week.

Gut feel… Ten Hag has had enough of Utd and is chasing the sack. If that isn’t the case, he’s bonkers.

Nail on head. Surely the only explanation.