The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The moment that location was chosen I've asked about how they expect to ship people in and out on match day. I've asked locals, I've looked on the club website, the council plans. They don't seem to have a plan šŸ˜³. It's bad enough on that road anyway, and that's before you throw 50k fans into the mix.

It will be horrific and it's as clear as you like to most people.
There going to have to do something soon.
Itā€™s a big job.

Still looks good though.

PaulMdj

Visit site
@PaulMdj I think what they are doing will barely scratch the surface. I hope I'm wrong but that's up to the council as much as the club.
Iā€™m lost, it says on matchdays the roads around will be closed, ie, the dock road, the coach park is 800m away, so surely anyone attempting to drive near the ground will want their head testing!
IMG_6763.png

Lord Tyrion

Money List Winner
Visit site
Iā€™m lost, it says on matchdays the roads around will be closed, ie, the dock road, the coach park is 800m away, so surely anyone attempting to drive near the ground will want their head testing!
I think the whole process of getting 50k people in and out there will be fraught. The in and out of there, the geography of that area and road is too limited.

PaulMdj

Visit site
I think the whole process of getting 50k people in and out there will be fraught. The in and out of there, the geography of that area and road is too limited.
Itā€™s a 1000 times better than Goodison, plus the A59 & A565 are dual carriageways that connect directly to the M62 & M57.

Anyone arriving by train is also a short walk from Lime Street, less hassle and more control for Police.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Where Vanderies st is a golf simulator where PXG do their fittings.
Every road up to and past the stadium has numerous small and medium buisnesses right up the streets.
Can they shut them all down on match days I dought it.
Traffic wise itā€™s a nightmare.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Where Vanderies st is a golf simulator where PXG do their fittings.
Every road up to and past the stadium has numerous small and medium buisnesses right up the streets.
Can they shut them all down on match days I dought it.
Traffic wise itā€™s a nightmare.
The plan on match days in the original plan was for the Dock road to be closed 500 metres either side of the ground and resident only parking permits around the side streets.

The whole area is being regenerated and it maybe roads like Vanderies St, Vulcan St etc will only be accesible from the Great Howard St side on matchdays.

The longer term plan, as you probably know, is to regenerate the whole area, so they arenā€™t going to deny access for residents and businessā€™s

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
The plan on match days in the original plan was for the Dock road to be closed 500 metres either side of the ground and resident only parking permits around the side streets.

The whole area is being regenerated and it maybe roads like Vanderies St, Vulcan St etc will only be accesible from the Great Howard St side on matchdays.

The longer term plan, as you probably know, is to regenerate the whole area, so they arenā€™t going to deny access for residents and businessā€™s
Is there really the room for that without demolishing most of these streets.?

You canā€™t drive the other way as itā€™s a dead end at the apartments on the dock road.
So if these streets are blocked off there is only one way in and one way out thatā€™s not good imo.
Especially for the emergency services.

It will cost a fortune to buy out those buisnesses and you always get some stubborn ones who say ā€œ noā€( Liverpudlian)šŸ˜‚šŸ˜³
That should have been sorted at the beginning surley.
There must be a plan but they are leaving it very late.

PaulMdj

Visit site
Is there really the room for that without demolishing most of these streets.?

You canā€™t drive the other way as itā€™s a dead end at the apartments on the dock road.
So if these streets are blocked off there is only one way in and one way out thatā€™s not good imo.
Especially for the emergency services.

It will cost a fortune to buy out those buisnesses and you always get some stubborn ones who say ā€œ noā€( Liverpudlian)šŸ˜‚šŸ˜³
That should have been sorted at the beginning surley.
There must be a plan but they are leaving it very late.
I think if you look at the map the streets weā€™ve mentioned will be outside the hard closure area and be under the soft closure, ie, residents and business permit holders only. And there is access from Great Howard St to all the streets between that and the Dock Road.

I donā€™t think there are any residences inside the ā€œhard areaā€ that will be denied access.

I can see chaos around Costco for those who think itā€™d be a good idea to shop on matchdays.

Obviously there is problems at the moment due to the work needing to be done.

Red devil

Visit site
But what you were saying was that Antony has regressed. He hasnā€™t. Heā€™s been filth since the day he arrived.

The discussion was about players going backwards under ten Hag and I was merely trying to counter that with a view that the regression you referred to wasnā€™t necessarily evident.

I absolutely agree that ten Hag should have known better than to sign Antony. But to suggest he has regressed would indicate he was ever remotely decent. He has stunk the club out since the day he arrived!!

Good discussion, though.
Anthony is one of the worst players I've seen to wear a Utd shirt. Absolutely woeful.
As an aside. Leading scorer in France's Ligue 1? Mason Greenwood.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Anthony is one of the worst players I've seen to wear a Utd shirt. Absolutely woeful.
As an aside. Leading scorer in France's Ligue 1? Mason Greenwood.

Greenwood is one of the best two-footed finishers Iā€™ve seen at United in years. Totally leaving aside the circumstances in which his demise came about, from a purely footballing perspective he is an enormous loss.

Red devil

Visit site
Greenwood is one of the best two-footed finishers Iā€™ve seen at United in years. Totally leaving aside the circumstances in which his demise came about, from a purely footballing perspective he is an enormous loss.
I agree entirely. The best finisher I've seen at Utd in years, probably since Scholes. Left foot, right foot makes no difference. Doesn't dally like Rashford, sees the goal, bang! Such a loss to Utd.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I think if you look at the map the streets weā€™ve mentioned will be outside the hard closure area and be under the soft closure, ie, residents and business permit holders only. And there is access from Great Howard St to all the streets between that and the Dock Road.

I donā€™t think there are any residences inside the ā€œhard areaā€ that will be denied access.

I can see chaos around Costco for those who think itā€™d be a good idea to shop on matchdays.

Obviously there is problems at the moment due to the work needing to be done.
Yes there are roadworks outside Costco atm itā€™s chaos.

I followed someone who looked like they knew their way out and got lucky came out by
Sainsburys.
Just a normal day.
Canā€™t imagine what match day will be like.

Lime St and walk prob best bet.
My dad used to take me the match every week so I will go to the new stadium one day I hope.