The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Pin-seeker

Visit site
Greenwood is one of the best two-footed finishers I’ve seen at United in years. Totally leaving aside the circumstances in which his demise came about, from a purely footballing perspective he is an enormous loss.
UTD really were stuck between a rock & a hard place on the Greenwood situation.
Personally I think they handled it well.
Silly boy 🤦‍♂️

Tashyboy

Please don’t ask to see my tatts 👍
Visit site
Apparently United inserted a buy back clause in Greenwood's contract.

Should they, if the opportunity is presented?
The case against Greewnood where charges were eventually dropped is as clear as mud. Should Greenwood return to Utd. I think it would spilt the fans. If Utd were flying and didn’t need him. He would not even warrant a discussion. It’s a sad situation that Utd find themselves in that he is still discussed about possibly one day returning. One player is not the answer to Utds problems both on and off the pitch.
Personally I hope he sorts his head out and we don’t have another “ leopard don’t change its spots” moment.

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Apparently United inserted a buy back clause in Greenwood's contract.

Should they, if the opportunity is presented?

From a footballing standpoint, absolutely. He’s a quality player, one I remain convinced would have played through the middle under Solskjaer, but for the arrival of Ronaldo. But that’s history.

The issue is that a football club the size of United, with its global stature, is not just about football. The brand will probably be a bigger consideration than the eleven players on the pitch. For that reason alone I’m not sure he will ever pull on a United shirt again.

A real shame. But only one person to blame.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
Think NFL or all US sports have some rules about domestic abuse etc

But imo Man Utd tested the waters last year about him and the reaction was very negative

I suspect most man Utd fans wouldn’t want him near the club regardless of how good he is

Then there is the case of Ronaldo and the rape case in the US

Billysboots

Falling apart at the seams
Visit site
Here’s hoping ten Hag’s decision to start Rashford ahead of Garnacho, and leave Ugarte on the bench, does not come back to bite him.

Seriously, I say it every week but just how bad does Rashford have to play to get benched?