The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Arthur Wedge

Visit site
The intent from the players is massively different , they look a lot more comfortable, being played in their best positions and just being allowed to go out there and go for it - they aren’t afraid to make a mistake , they are sitting deep , players are roaming all over the place and it’s getting the best out of them

PaulMdj

Visit site
No bad performances from any players.

Impressed with Gomes, Grealish, Gordon, Lewis and TAA.

TAA man of the match for me, not every pass came off, but always looking forward to put people through.

And for those criticising Kane, have a look how deep Bowen was coming looking for the ball. That’s not a criticism of Bowen, as I believe managers are happy with Kane coming deep at times and no issue with Bowen doing it either.

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
Nope! You need to watch it again, he started tracking back when TAA intercepted the ball and put him through, he carried it into the box, beat a man and scored.

2nd goal he was in the box.
No he didn’t .
He just wandered along the defensive line about 2 yds outside the box.

That’s a bit different than standing next to your own left back!

He’s a top class striker , still one of the best in the world but he won’t score many from the left back position.

4LEX

Visit site
You maybe correct or completely wrong, let’s give Carsley a chance for the few match’s he’s in charge.

I certainly don’t think he’s going to have any issues dealing with ego’s.

The 1st half last night (with a weakened team) was as good as anything we’d seen in Southgate’s 8 years, rather than expecting some high profile foreigner to come in and change it overnight.

We’ve tried that and it came with limited success.

Two points on that Paul, apologises for the late reply too.

It was against Ireland, who also got embarrassed 2-0 at home by Greece tonight which puts our first half into context. I've seen us perform miles better under Southgate, against much better teams.

Carsley is a foreigner. Not that I think that's a bad thing, I'm totally in favour of appointing the best person, regardless of nationality. These have been two easy games and we've played no better than you'd expect given the gulf in class, if anything the scorelines are disappointing.

Arthur Wedge

Visit site

It was against Ireland, who also got embarrassed 2-0 at home by Greece tonight which puts our first half into context. I've seen us perform miles better under Southgate, against much better teams.

Carsley is a foreigner. Not that I think that's a bad thing, I'm totally in favour of appointing the best person, regardless of nationality. These have been two easy games and we've played no better than you'd expect given the gulf in class, if anything the scorelines are disappointing.

I know some don’t like Birmingham but taking it out of England is extreme

PaulMdj

Visit site

I don’t think for any manager being in charge of his first 2 games those results are disappointing.

He/anyone can only set up against the team in front of him and I don’t think anyone expectec 4 or 5 nil hammerings.

He’s made a few decisions and he’s got 6 games to prove himself, all he can do is win and try and show some style/structure to how he sees England going forward.

I think the other thing we have to remember is the next big Competition will be the WC 26 and the draw for that doesn’t take place until Dec this year.

What we don’t want is a changing of managers and the circus that comes with it and the likelihood that we might not face top teams until then, therefore we might have no idea how we’ll fair against top opposition.

PaulMdj

Visit site
No he didn’t .
He just wandered along the defensive line about 2 yds outside the box.

That’s a bit different than standing next to your own left back!

He’s a top class striker , still one of the best in the world but he won’t score many from the left back position.
You need to watch it again.🙄

4LEX

Visit site
I don’t think for any manager being in charge of his first 2 games those results are disappointing.

He/anyone can only set up against the team in front of him and I don’t think anyone expectec 4 or 5 nil hammerings.

He’s made a few decisions and he’s got 6 games to prove himself, all he can do is win and try and show some style/structure to how he sees England going forward.

I think the other thing we have to remember is the next big Competition will be the WC 26 and the draw for that doesn’t take place until Dec this year.

What we don’t want is a changing of managers and the circus that comes with it and the likelihood that we might not face top teams until then, therefore we might have no idea how we’ll fair against top opposition.

Southgate would be getting pelters if we had only won those games 2-0, with two disappointing halves in both. Just trying to be consistent.

The issue I have is those 6 games are against easy teams and you could literally put anyone in charge and we'd likely win all of them.

I agree on there being no rush but it seems to me, just a PR exercise and the decision has already been made bar a total disaster. We should be learning from the mistakes that have seen us miss out on major tournaments, rather than look to sell them as a success and keep making those same mistakes.

Swango1980

Visit site
I'll never get why some England fans want Harry Kane dropped. One of the best strikers I've ever seen, and full confidence he knows what to do when an opportunity arises.

Sure, he might play in line ups or systems that don't take full advantage of his talent. But, develop a system that can utilise Kane's ability, England can be one hell of a team

PJ87

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
I'll never get why some England fans want Harry Kane dropped. One of the best strikers I've ever seen, and full confidence he knows what to do when an opportunity arises.

Sure, he might play in line ups or systems that don't take full advantage of his talent. But, develop a system that can utilise Kane's ability, England can be one hell of a team

It's not so much dropped as does he need to play EVERY single game

Could we not have some of the games without him to see what others can do but when it matters he starts.