The Footie Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 15344
  • Start date

Swango1980

Visit site
It was embarrassing - they go worse later as well

Can only think they were the England fans caught doing cocaine on camera in the stands

It is sad to think that England fans have to resort to taking drugs just to get through watching England play a game of football.

This is what Southgate is doing to the English. There should be a public health warning with him in charge

PaulMdj

Visit site
Second line: Southgate needs gone as soon as possible

Second to last line: but I’m 100% behind Southgate and the Squad until these Euros are over

I think you are being optimistic with your 100% estimation. In that post alone, 50% of the points you made on Southgate were not entirely supportive :ROFLMAO:
The best we can hope for is England to win the Euros and Southgate stands down, slightly behind that, we get knocked out and he goes, either way he goes. Wanting him sacked during the comp is pathetic, so yes 100% behind him and the squad for the duration of these champs.

Nice to see foreigners care so much about the England team and their fans.🙄

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
It is sad to think that England fans have to resort to taking drugs just to get through watching England play a game of football.

This is what Southgate is doing to the English. There should be a public health warning with him in charge
I think it goes on not just at England games. Sad inditment of our fans and the football though

BiMGuy

LIV Bot, (But Not As Big As Mel) ?
Visit site
I think it goes on not just at England games. Sad inditment of our fans and the football though
I can pretty much guaruntee that every group of fans there will have people doing the same. It happens on almost every coach and bus and at every gound at every game. Its is not just limited to football either!

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
I can pretty much guaruntee that every group of fans there will have people doing the same. It happens on almost every coach and bus and at every gound at every game. Its is not just limited to football either!
Really????? thought football was the lowest common denominator? What other sports? I guess that is a comment on our society and the availability and cost these days

Swango1980

Visit site
The best we can hope for is England to win the Euros and Southgate stands down, slightly behind that, we get knocked out and he goes, either way he goes. Wanting him sacked during the comp is pathetic, so yes 100% behind him and the squad for the duration of these champs.

Nice to see foreigners care so much about the England team and their fans.🙄
I presume I'm British, just like you

Rlburnside

Challenge Tour Pro
Visit site
The tactic I found most annoying with England is when Stones receives the ball he stands still until the opposition comes at him, this has a knock on affect on the whole side, the tempo slows gives the opposition time to get in shape, this tactic must come from the manager.

Didn’t deserve to go through appalling performance, and what’s worse is there will be only 2 changes to the team that starts both forced on Southgate and England will play the same tactics.

I really hope I’m wrong and we play Bellingham alongside Rice and Foden in the middle with Palmer starting

clubchamp98

Journeyman Pro
Visit site
that maybe true but we are where we are, might not be convincing but we've got the job done. This week is our biggest test, so just got to see who turns up & wants it more, and for us it seems the players on the bench do
Yes just like City their bench could do well in the PL
So just put the bench out sat , it can’t do any worse.😉

Seriously though we need at least 5 changes.

Walker for TAA
Trippier for Gomez
The front three for Gordon, Toney/ Watkins and Palmer.

PaulMdj

Visit site
The tactic I found most annoying with England is when Stones receives the ball he stands still until the opposition comes at him, this has a knock on affect on the whole side, the tempo slows gives the opposition time to get in shape, this tactic must come from the manager.

Didn’t deserve to go through appalling performance, and what’s worse is there will be only 2 changes to the team that starts both forced on Southgate and England will play the same tactics.

I really hope I’m wrong and we play Bellingham alongside Rice and Foden in the middle with Palmer starting
This all day long, for City Stones carries the ball, for England, him and Rice are 2 yds apart and pass backwards and sideways.

Swango1980

Visit site
Well I’ve checked the Euro fixtures and I can’t see a Great Britain team. 🤷‍♂️ Just England and Scotland, which I believe you are neither.
You seem very anti to non English people, maybe you just need to keep those views to yourself.

If you are not interested in the views of anyone that isn't English, then just don't respond to them. Instead of trying to let the world know you don't take their views seriously simply because they aren't English

Neilds

Assistant Pro
Visit site
People are very quick to put all the blame on Southgate , and I am not his biggest fan by a long way, but the players he has put on the pitch are (supposedly) very good players who have won a lot at club level and they are just not playing well. I'm sure Southgate hasn't told them just to pass sideways and backwards, told them not to make runs into space, etc. These are experienced players who are meant to be leaders so why aren't they performing. It is not just the manager.

HomerJSimpson

Hall of Famer
Visit site
People are very quick to put all the blame on Southgate , and I am not his biggest fan by a long way, but the players he has put on the pitch are (supposedly) very good players who have won a lot at club level and they are just not playing well. I'm sure Southgate hasn't told them just to pass sideways and backwards, told them not to make runs into space, etc. These are experienced players who are meant to be leaders so why aren't they performing. It is not just the manager.
I've not seen a leader on the pitch in any game

PaulMdj

Visit site
You seem very anti to non English people, maybe you just need to keep those views to yourself.

If you are not interested in the views of anyone that isn't English, then just don't respond to them. Instead of trying to let the world know you don't take their views seriously simply because they aren't English
I am very anti to Non-English people giving advice about the England Football Team, worry about your own team.

One minute they like to tell us were we are going wrong and then take the michael when we lose.

No thanks.

Views I’ll take very seriously, advice? Nah, not for me.👍🏻

Swango1980

Visit site
The question is, what IS he telling them? Because, he clearly isn't giving them anything like the same message that they get from their club managers. He clearly isn't playing formations that allow what you ask for to be easy.

I can accept one or 2 players playing badly, it happens. But, the entire team is woeful, that is on Southgate. If we could just blame the players for not playing like they do at their clubs, then there is no real need for a manager at all. Just someone to pick 11 players to start, and then ask them to go out any play.